• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drawing destroyed? (turned red)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I saved a drawing which was still in progress in a psd format, that looked like this.  But today I open my photoshop and find the drawing turned black and red with no layers. I saved the drawing yesterday, I saw it save and I did not see my computer crash. Please is there anyway to recover the drawing? Is it possible to go through different saves of the file? 

20210718_105826.jpg

20210717_171402.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something crashed, you have another tab open with a recovered file open. It looks corrupted - if you don't have a copy it's probably gone for good.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea the recovered file was another drawing. But yeah I don't have a copy of the drawing so it does seem like I can't get it back 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always save incremental versions of your work or use a versioning tool that does it for you. Photoshop files may be corrupted for all sorts of reasons, and working with just one master file is asking for trouble.

I save all my work in any design software in stages and increments. This workflow has saved my behind many times .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before trashing the file, ensure that it isn't a display issue. There have been manytopics recently posted with users suffering part or full screens appearing red, green, white (I don't recall blue or black yet). This can often be "fixed" be quiting and restarting Photoshop and/or going into preferences and technology previews and checking deactivate native canvas or performance and turning off graphics processor or possibly options under graphics processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines