• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dynamiclinkmediaserver Error

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to open a MOV file in Photoshop to convert to a GIF and I keep getting an error:

dynamiclinkmediaserver

Initialization error 1

I've tried deleting all my pLists, restarting my computer, re-encoding the original MOV file and I keep getting this error.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a PC or a Mac.  If a PC have you installed Apple QuickTime. I believe the may be some security exposures if you do but you may be able to import  or  open the QuickTime  .mov file in Photoshop. I use windows 10 I do not install Apple QuickTime.  I can use some .mov file Photoshop some I can not. It depends on how the  ..mov what created and encoded the .mov file.  Which codecs are needed to decode the video file in Photoshop. 

Also Apple QuickTime is not officially available for Windows 10, as Apple stopped support for Windows back in January 2016. 

In Photoshop I can render video quicktime .mov file and play it in windows classic media player. So the is some QuickTime support built into Photoshop or installed on my Windows PC.  At ontime I did install Apple QuickTime into wibdows 10. However I did uninstall it.  For all I know the un-installer may have left some QuickTime components installed.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on macOS Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines