• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

edit in photoshop not working from lightroom after upgrade

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all let me say that there is NO support for these products.  Posting in a forum and hoping someone else can help you is not support.  I pay monthly for this product.  You posted updates to lightroom and photoshop.  I installed those updates.  After I installed the updates when I click on edit in photoshop 2019 from within lightroom, photoshop launches and the pictures shows up in photoshop but it is not editable.  All menu items are greyed out.  I have checked to see if the photo is locked - its not.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled both applications - same problem.  I have cleared every possible preference I can find.  If I close the photograph and leave photoshop open and return to lightroom and click on edit in photoshop 2019 the photo opens in photoshop (which is already open).  So basically it looks like when lightroom launches photoshop with a photo it doesn't work - but if lightroom is already open it does work.  So hoping someone in the forum can answer why this is happening - since Adobe just wants to cash my check every month and provide updates it does NOT support.  You have to love a product that charges you monthly and when you need help with their product they send you to a forum. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Hi

There is a known issue between the current version of Lightroom and Photoshop. The workaround is, starting with both applications closed, open Photoshop and leave it open. Then open Lightroom. Edit in Photoshop should now work OK.

You can contact support via the support link at the top of the forum but users of this forum can usually help with working issues.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There is a known issue between the current version of Lightroom and Photoshop. The workaround is, starting with both applications closed, open Photoshop and leave it open. Then open Lightroom. Edit in Photoshop should now work OK.

You can contact support via the support link at the top of the forum but users of this forum can usually help with working issues.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I have been doing - when I remember.  I searched and did not find any info that it was a current problem or I would not have posted.  But it still sucks that they do not support  any of their products when I am paying for it every month.  I did click on the support link and it basically says the only support authorized is via the forums. Thanks for the info. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you follow the Support Home link and choose Photoshop then go to the bottom of the page there is a "Contact us" link.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I click on that link it wants me to select a product and an area and after I do that all options except the forum disappear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

waltweiss  wrote

First of all let me say that there is NO support for these products.  Posting in a forum and hoping someone else can help you is not support....You have to love a product that charges you monthly and when you need help with their product they send you to a forum. 

Hi Walt,

Yes, Adobe does send you to a user-to-user forum that is manned mostly by volunteers. When you see an ACP (or MVP) badge like the one Dave has, who answered you, it means that he has been tagged by Adobe because of his advanced knowledge. We do not work for Adobe, but are users who know what we know because we are hands on in the applications extensively and because we love helping people!

We are all hoping as you are that this issue gets fixed soon; in the meantime, we are happy that the workaround is an easy one.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh my. Just had this problem today, 2,5 years later of the original post, and the same workaround worked:

1. close Lightroom Classic and Photoshop, both
  2. first open Photoshop
  3. second open Lightroom Classic

Edit in Photoshop works again.

Lightroom Classic 10.3, Photoshop 22.4.2 and macOS Big Sur 11.4 on an M1 MacBook Air.

EDIT: Must add — this workaround is not easy to learn as always I'm having Lightroom Classic open and only occasionally open Photoshop to edit in. I try to avoid round-tripping to Photoshop and keep all photography related to original raw files and in Lightroom Catalog, I don't like having a punch of extra PSD files in my Lightroom Catalog, I like to keep a single raw file for each of the photos (obviosly not possible when needing to edit in Photoshop).

EDIT 2: This workaround only works one photo for me. On the second photo Edit in Photoshop doesn't work anymore. Closing both apps and reopening them first Photoshop then Lightroom Classic works. But it's silly and cumbersome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines