Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Face recognition doesn't work in Photoshop due to display drivers on macOS

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Would love any help with updating my display driver or graphics processor. Currently my iMac has the NVIDIA GeForce GT 750m which i guess is no longer compatible? So photoshop does not give me the option of checking the "Use Graphics Processor Box"

I have tried to update it, no luck.

I have updated apple software and photoshop, no luck.

Please if anyone out there can tell me what to do (in simple language 😉) I would be so thankful!

My Best,

Annie

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers macOS version?

If you're using the latest version of Photoshop, the issue may be due to the compatibility of the graphics card. It seems that the Nvidia GeForce GT 750m does not meet the minimum system requirements for Photoshop. For more details, you can check: Photoshop GPU FAQ

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Thank you so much for your quick response! I am using photoshop version 22.4.3 release and my mac is Catalina version 10.15.17

When i go to photoshop preferences under perfomance it wont allow me to click on the use graphic processor or advanced settings button (see attached) when I hover over it it tells me that I need to update graphic card however Nvdia says the one I have is no longer compatible with the mac os version I have. So I am at a loss and its driving me crazy. 

I went to the link you sent me and it gives options for windows but for a mac it just says to update software and that will take care of it. I updated software and photoshop today but no luck still..

Thanks for any further assistance!

Annie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the Photoshop 2021, you need a graphics card that has 2GB of VRAM for the graphics card to be be compatible. The Nvidia card that you're using only has 1GB of VRAM. Also, we recommend a graphics card that scores 2000 or higher on the PassMark's GPU Computer Benchmark Chart while the card you're using only has a score of 653.

For more details, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines