• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill with foreground color doesn´t work (ALT+Backspace)

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the todays update (CC2018) the shortkey ALT+Backspace (fill with foreground color) dosen't work at the first time.

I should press the shortkey twice to apply the color. At the first time it's seems a error (with alert sound) after this the object must be filled with the proper color (pressing again).

Anyone had the same problem?

win7x64 cc2018

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Hi All,

This issue should be resolved in Photoshop 19.0.1 which was just released.

If you don't see the Photoshop update in your Creative Cloud application, then click on the fly-out in upper right corner and choose "Check for App Updates".

Check for App Updates

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, this is definitely a problem, I've talked to others with the same issue as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed.  This is irritating to no end.  Been using Photoshop since 1998 and have always filled with Alt-Backspace/Ctrl-Backspace.  It's pure muscle memory to me now.  You can't change something that's so fundamental about the program.  Completely unacceptable.  How could Adobe possibly release this version into the wild with an oversight like this?

It looks like it's cycling between the various modes of the Marquee/Lasso tools and takes two presses of Alt-Backspace to work now.  Are these Boolean operator icons new?  (Add, subtract, intersect modes).  I've never noticed them before, but of course I would never use them.  They are completely redundant.  You hold shift to add and alt to subtract from a selection.  The icons are not necessary, particularly when they interfere with basic tool operation.

There better be a patch for this ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are aware of the problem with the Alt+ modifier and investigating. This isn't an intentional change.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blend Mode keyboard shortcuts also affected... please investigate and fix asap... muscle memory is hard to undo and you guys are killing my workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you're at it, can you guys also fix the mandatory order in which keyboard shortcuts need to be pressed now? For example: before the update, I could press Alt+Ctrl+Shift+E OR Ctrl+Alt+Shift+E and get the same result. Now I must pres Ctrl+Alt+Shift+E in that order only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The double press that's required for the foreground tool has made it impossible to map properly to the Wacom Cintiq, a speedy fix to this would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the shortcut to two keys on my cintiq: one for the alt key, other for the backspace key. Hold the alt key, two quick taps on the backspace key and it works. Not ideal, but better than doing it manually. Hopefully this helps you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I appreciate the tip but that's not working for me at all... I'd already tried it but went back and did it again, set a key is alt and a key as backspace - not combination of presses or double presses works here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks!!big help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adobe. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!

I'm teaching PS. Another experience which makes me think whether I can recommend this software any more.

Photoshop was great in the past and is still the industry standard. But CC seems to me more and more a betatesting environment.

Anger against this newbish amateurish company is building up among professionals... So many other examples (like broken 16bit liquify) of total lack of Quality Control in the past; this is not a one-time slip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its frustrating. Same issue is happening with Illustrator and indesign short cuts zoom and Free Transform tool shortcut with shift key not working either. Its not resizing proportionally with the shift key. Hope this gets fixed quickly slowing down the workflow.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This issue should be resolved in Photoshop 19.0.1 which was just released.

If you don't see the Photoshop update in your Creative Cloud application, then click on the fly-out in upper right corner and choose "Check for App Updates".

Check for App Updates

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved my life by pointing out the double-press of the keystroke - I was tearing my hair out wondering why this wasn't working, but as soon as you pointed out the mode cycling it made perfect sense. Not that the change makes sense, of course, but thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a professional retoucher who rely on muscle memory this is completely unacceptable and needs to be fixed RIGHT F***** NOW  ! This is just absolutely inexcusable to release a update with such a serious bug .- that would have been spotted IMMEDIATELY if you had run this by someone who actually uses the software before shipping. This is complete amateur hour in the QC department - how about some real beta testing by ACTUAL professionals ?

Going back to 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no fix for this?  How much more "investigating" is there to do?  You've got users complaining about this in at least half a dozen threads between here and Photoshop Family.  How long are you going to make us wait?  Push the patch out!  This is utterly ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally ridiculous. It's basic function that's been part of the software basically forever - must be one of the most widely used keystrokes... I'm sitting here literally having to turn from the cintiq to the keyboard and back over and over again, it's just not doable. Considering rolling back to 2017...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double press  " Alt+ backspace "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double-tap worked for me, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.3 20190130 and it is still not working. The left alt key works but not the right one. likewise Right control key works not the left one. Is this what we pay for?

Please share which is the latest stable version till you get this resolved. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines