• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finding/Saving Installed Brush Files PS 2020 Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Years ago I had installed a pack of brushes to PS 2016 and deleted the file I installed from since I had a backup. I upgraded to the 2020 version and uninstalled the 2016 version, and the brushes were still fully available/usable in the new version, but now my backup of the file for the brushes is gone. I've tried searching my whole PC with the name of the brush folder/brushes and can't find any files relating to them. The 2016 version was installed on the main C drive, uninstalled, and the 2020 version was installed on the secondary D drive. Is there a way I can find the installed brush file(s) and extract it alone to re-save it to a backup?

My guess was here in the screenshot, and my additional, even less confident guess is that the Converted Legacy Tool Presets.abr file contains all the brushes from the 2016 version. Still, I just want to see if there is a way to extract just one pack of brushes.

brush.PNG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

I just figured it out with the "Export Selected Brushes" tool.

Screenshot (525).png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured it out with the "Export Selected Brushes" tool.

Screenshot (525).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure why I didn't take like three more seconds screwing around before asking. Oh well. Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines