• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fix Photoshop Color Settings on Update

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After an update Photoshop returns to its default color settings.  Why?  This is a request for Adobe to allow user color preferences to automatically DEFAULT to the users PREVIOUS settings.  If I went to the trouble of customizing my color settings why does Adobe think I would rather just go back to the dummy settings?  Why not ask the user if they want to use prior settings and custom keyboard shortcuts?  It already happens when I update Premeire or After Effects.  This is such an annoyance, and as a teacher who mananges many computers, this simple fix would save me hours of (re)customization.  

Please fix this in future updates!  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community (forums) to Photoshop.]

Hi @Justin5D0D,

Please refer to migrating your presets below:

Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply.  This helps but it doesn't resolve my specific issue.  I should have been more clear.  

The main issue I have is that I loose all my custom color settings when updating Photoshop.  Edit< Color Settings...  They all revert to North American Prepress.  I end up editing/ saving my work in sRGB without my direct knowledge.  I want to only use ProPhoto color space.  I am a photographer and shoot in Raw for a reason.  I want to be made aware of profile mismatches and the like by default.  There is no "Preset Migration" option for this that I can see.  Please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines