• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Hand Tool won't work in Photoshop 2021

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed Photoshop 2021 and noticed that the Hand tool (either H or spacebar + mouse drag) don't work. I get this message: Could not complete your rquest because of a program error.

Need help!

Thanks!

{Moderator note: Thread title edited, PS-57242, PS-54580}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.0.1 that should resolve this issue. If that doesn't solve your issues follow the troubleshooting steps here: Known Issues

This update includes fixes to some of the top users reported issues. Check out the list of all fixed issues here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

To update Photoshop to 22.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. 

For help with updating, see Update Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPU system requirements for Photoshop has changed, so if you're using a GPU that's older than 4 years it may not work with this version of Photoshop

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Unsupported graphics cards
If your graphics card is older than 4 years, GPU functionality in Photoshop may be limited or not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help! It's time for a new Laptop!

With best regards, Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What!?! All the Hand tool does is replicate the functions of the scroll bar in a non linear fashion! Are you seriously saying we need to have a state of the art GPU just to move the image around??? I call that total PS!

I can use PS 2021 to distort peoples faces but not to move a 2mb image sideways using the dedicated tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an older dell laptop and i had the same problem. I updated my graphic processor's driver and that allowed me to open images, process images, and save images without getting error messages.

I am still getting error messages when I try to use the hand tool, either the hand tool proper of using the spacebar shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12Gb RAM here and spacebar drag not working. Don't tell me it is GPU related, this is a program bug and needs fixing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yes then it may be bug you have to wait for it...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

32GB here and same problem. Only way I circumvent bug when it sporadically presents is to close any other adobe programs I may have open using the same shortcut and then Photoshop reclaims it. Ridiculous. Super frustrating bc I'm doing work in PS while an After Effects project renders so not able/willing to close AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, neither the Hand tool or the space bar shortcut work, I just get the program error dialogue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, 16gb ram, disabled GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue; my home computer and work computer are both excellent and have this error message with the hand tool. I'm also not able to double click on a shape layer and change the color anymore! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved after the latest update. Finally!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, thank you. Issue swiftly dealt with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.0.1 that should resolve this issue. If that doesn't solve your issues follow the troubleshooting steps here: Known Issues

This update includes fixes to some of the top users reported issues. Check out the list of all fixed issues here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

To update Photoshop to 22.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. 

For help with updating, see Update Creative Cloud apps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running version 22.1 and this issue is still there, pressing space bar brings up the hand tool but it does not move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can report that this problem still exists in Photoshop 2021 23.0.2 running on a PC with 64Gb ram and Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the newest up to date version of Photoshop on my 27" iMac which is running Big Sur version 11.1  I am still having issues with the handtool.  When I press the spacebar and click to scroll it will sometimes work.  Other time the whole program just stutters and even though I can click around on different layers or save my project now none of the tools will work.  My mac doesn't say that photoshop isn't responding so there is no need to force quit, but photoshop just stops leeting me use any tools and I can only click around on layers or save my project.  So I have to save and close out of the project and then re-open it, to get everyhtin working again.  It is really frustrating for work flow to be constantly interrrupted.  One photo and I have had to quit out 3 times in an hour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening to me.  Adobe Photoshop 2021 22.1.1 on 2020 Retina 5k iMac running MacOS Big Sur Version 11.1. 

I have to close Photoshop 3-4 times an hour because of this bug.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the same issue where none of the shortcuts involving the spacebar is not working. My Ps Version is 22.3.0 running on an iMac 27" (Late 2013) on macOS Catalina 10.15.7. The same version of Photoshop is working perfectly in my MacBook Pro and there are no glitches with the spacebar. This really affects my workflow and someone please help.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with photoshop (22.3.1). How can I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried re-installing 2020, no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried resetting the preferences and disabling the GPU, no luck. It seems the issue is not "solved".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update, I updated my graphics driver and re-enabled the gpu and was still broken even after restarting sevaeral times. Then I gave up and went into select and mask to start my work for the day. I was very suprised to find the hand tool work in select and mask mode. And I was even more suprised to find that the hand tool now works outside of select and mask too. I'm not sure what fixed it, but I'm glad it's fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having the same issue in Adobe PS vs. 23.0.2. Working on an M1 2020 mac mini. on Monterey. 16gig ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Ricardo, do you have any other program running at the same time? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines