• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: New Path layers break after naming, anchors do not connect in Photoshop 22.3 update

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just updated from PS 22.2 to 22.3. I have found that when trying to edit existing paths (rather than creating a new one from scratch) there seems to be a bug. If I delete one or more anchor points and pick-up the path again it will not join to new anchor points or close the path. Have had to give up and go back to 22.2.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced the same problem?

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, PS-63074}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.4 which should include the fix for this issue. To update Photoshop to the latest version, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

For information on other issues fixed with this update, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the path tool all the time and it's driving me nuts.

However (on Mac), the esiest way to get around the issue (instead of revert to older versions of Photoshop) is to use the "Path selection tool" and activate the named path you want to edit and then copy + paste to get a "Working path".

Now you can edit it...

BUT, Adobe please fix this problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»he esiest way to get around the issue (instead of revert to older versions of Photoshop) is to use the "Path selection tool" and activate the named path you want to edit and then copy + paste to get a "Working path".«

No, that does not seem easy. 

Instead just maintain a Work Path (one Point suffices). then working on named Paths should work as expected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bit of a farce on Adobe's part. It seems that the newly released 22.3.1 hasn't addressed the issue 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is disappointing. 

I am no programmer so I cannot judge the necessary effort … but I would have hoped that if something can apparently be broken inadvertently so easily it can also be fixed »easily«. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.4 which should include the fix for this issue. To update Photoshop to the latest version, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

For information on other issues fixed with this update, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess one dot-release was too optimistic; all in all a bit more than two months does not seem a bad time for a bug-fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue is fixed.

Unfortunately, now I cannot delete or add a point along a path I'm creating when using the main "Pen Tool". The pen tool creates another point directly over the path rather than adding a point. To add a point I have to select the "Add Anchor Point Tool."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 2.4.2 has not resolved this issue. I am running Photoshop 2.4.2 on a Windows 10 Pro machine and the Pen tool does not show the anchor points when creating a path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines