• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Photoshop creating a debug.log file when you open a PSD File

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my photoshop to the latest version, 21.2.2.289, and I noticed that everytime I open a PSD file. Photoshop creates a debug.log file in the same folder as the PSD file. How do I turn this off?

Untitled

[Moderator note: PS-55193]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Good news! Tonight's 21.2.4 update should fix the issue with new debug.log file creation. 
Look for the Photoshop update in the Updates section of the Creative Cloud desktop. For help, see Update Creative Cloud apps

Let us know if the update fixes it for you as well!

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 104 Replies 104
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, almost a month and anything done by Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PS 24.1.1 and just within the last couple of weeks, the .log file has been created.

It seems that no one has an answer for the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Really sorry about the the debug.log files that are being created when Photoshop is starting.

We've been able to reproduce this and the engineering team is currently investigating a fix.

The debug.log files are safe to ignore or delete.

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for your info, the content of my recent debug.log

[0912/104709.895:WARNING:angle_platform_impl.cc(52)] compileToBinary(230): 
C:\fakepath(57,8-58): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
C:\fakepath(65,8-28): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

[0912/104737.589:INFO:CONSOLE(1)] "Long rAF frame-time", source: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Adobe/Adobe%20Photoshop%202020/Required/www-rich-tooltips/build/external.js (1)
[0912/104737.684:ERROR:mf_helpers.cc(14)] Error in dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc on line 1612
[0912/104737.684:ERROR:mf_helpers.cc(14)] Error in dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc on line 842
[0912/104737.705:WARNING:angle_platform_impl.cc(52)] compileToBinary(230): 
C:\fakepath(69,8-58): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
C:\fakepath(77,8-28): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

[0912/104848.864:ERROR:mf_helpers.cc(14)] Error in dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc on line 1612
[0912/104848.864:ERROR:mf_helpers.cc(14)] Error in dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc on line 842
[0912/105158.830:ERROR:mf_helpers.cc(14)] Error in dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc on line 1612
[0912/105158.831:ERROR:mf_helpers.cc(14)] Error in dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc on line 842
[0912/105236.308:ERROR:mf_helpers.cc(14)] Error in dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc on line 1612
[0912/105236.308:ERROR:mf_helpers.cc(14)] Error in dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc on line 842
[0912/105344.237:ERROR:mf_helpers.cc(14)] Error in dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc on line 1612
[0912/105344.237:ERROR:mf_helpers.cc(14)] Error in dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc on line 842

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the problem only appears when I use the "Export as" option! After I close photoshop a window with "crash report for adobe photoshop" appears immediately. Sometimes debug.log also appears! With  "Save as" or "save for web" there are no errors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Debug logs in folders and desktop, such as:
[0915/182017.181:ERROR:media_internals.cc(112)] Cannot get RenderProcessHost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here and I can't even upload them to my photo page on Facebook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long should we expect this problem to continue?  You guys have known about this issue for weeks.
Also, Creative Cloud creates NUMEROUS files in our Temp directories every time we fire it up, and it doesn't delete them on exit.  We have to delete them manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love to ignore but essentially makes CC an expensive brick:

"[0915/102158.808:ERROR:mf_helpers.cc(14)] Error in dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc on line 842
[0915/102158.830:WARNING:angle_platform_impl.cc(52)] compileToBinary(230):
C:\fakepath(69,8-58): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this posted as 'correct answer' when there isn't even an answer in the post?! just an apology??

The debug files are really annoying me as well as all the other million issues I am having with my creative cloud programs....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel very angry with Adobe. I was always a fan, today I look for alternatives because the amount of bugs in all applications is unusual. Each coreation generates more new bugs and it never ends. Things like changing the color of a text to white when you drag it to another document. In the past few years, only beast updates have been made that do not help at all. Worse, they ended up with legal resources such as the synchronization of measurements from all fields with the ruler. In other words, they should call the old engineers again and fire this new generation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, this is under all criticism and the question is how you want to compensate your customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? You want compensation for a minor bug?

I agree, this particular one has taken a long time to fix. However, I would rather it take a long time than a half baked fix that causes something more serious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this marked Solved when it's still happening a month later?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess we will see an update when they have a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi friendz

I'm facing same issue. When i updated my photoshop to the latest version, 21.2.2.289, and I noticed that everytime when i open a PSD file. Then, photoshop creates a debug.log file in the same folder as the PSD file. What is the solution of this problem. Can anyone helps me. I have to do important work, but due to this issue my whole is totally stopped. Please guide me

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding debug files all over! On my desktop, in folders where I've opened in PS to select elements to use, in my downloads folder...! Hoping it's solved soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto!  Thanks for working on it... I was afraid something was wrong with my own computer - whew! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The debug.log files are safe to ignore or delete."

They are really not safe or easy to ignore. Photoshop works slower than ever. And it's slowing whole computer down. I can make one movie in a minute. My company is paying for it and I can;t do any job done !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news! Tonight's 21.2.4 update should fix the issue with new debug.log file creation. 
Look for the Photoshop update in the Updates section of the Creative Cloud desktop. For help, see Update Creative Cloud apps

Let us know if the update fixes it for you as well!

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the update has fixed the issue with debug.log file creation, but for me this problem still persists since august 2020 (only when I use  "export as" option)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT0XhG6FQ10&feature=youtu.be

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing a post indicating that the new 21.2.4 update is having issues with masks.  Needless to say that problem-free masking is essential for my work and so I'm not going to be trading one problem (i.e. debug.log) for another much worse problem (i.e. masking errors).  Why are we seeing so many issues with Adobe Photoshop updates?  Are you rewriting the code from the ground up?  If so, how about releasing a stable version for those of us that rely on Photoshop for work and release a beta version only for major code revisions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, here's the link to the other thread noting the new potentially new masking bug, although I'm not sure it's entirely new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the 20.2.4 update has fixed the problem for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines