• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Focus Stacking Droplet

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to drop 4/5/6 images into a droplet and photoshop auto aligns then and then focus stack blends them and saves as a tiff/psd/whatever. I've tried making an action and droplet but each time it asks me to locate the files manually. I'm spending 95% of my time on this job sitting there and loading files. There has to be a quicker way than this. Does anyone have a droplet that works for this? Is it possible? I've tried several different ways, via photostacking open files, and folders/also stacking opened files/, photomerge, everything. The same problem when doing the action is that it looks for the indiviual files.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

To target all visible layers you should be able to record that in an action. By recording two steps using shortcut keys.  Alt+, then Shift+Alt+. The problem I see is how are you going to get the files into a layer stack in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is Droplets are created from action and the action should be one that is suitable for batching. If the action uses an interactive script like Load file into a stack that has a dialog the action step will be interactive not something you want in a batch action.   The droplet is not going to automate the scripts interactive active dialog.    What steps do you have in the Action you created the droplet with,  Did it have a step like  file>scripts>Load files into stack.  Also I believe the droplet will open the files you drop on it in Photoshop one at a time and play you action then open thenxt file.  All image files you dropped on the droplet will not be open in Photoshop all at once.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem I have with the action is that there isn't an option to select all layers (or is there?). So it just selects the ones I manually select. Let me rephrase this question. Is there a way I can fully automate focus stacking? I'm shooting jewellery, and have to focus stack hundreds of items, which is thousands of files. I can't be doing it manually, via stacking the images and blending them. It's just taking too long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To target all visible layers you should be able to record that in an action. By recording two steps using shortcut keys.  Alt+, then Shift+Alt+. The problem I see is how are you going to get the files into a layer stack in the first place.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do know you can stack all open windows....

whats the shortcut for target all visible then? I can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks for the help btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Actions would need to open the other images and create layers in the current document containing their contents. But Actions can not use logic so no options can be passed to them.  So all the other image files would need to be recorded in your action.  I could be wrong but I do not think I am.  A droplet will open the files dropped on it one at a time in Photoshop  Once a document opens play your action on the open document.  When your action finishes  its process the droplet would close the document opened if it is still open.  Then repeat that process for each additional file dropped on it.  Just like batching an action works.

All open document can be stacked with a Photpshop Script.

Selecting all visible layers is done using two shortcuts in sequence.   The first selects  the first layer the top or bottom visible layer and the second shortcuts add the rest of the visible  layers   using  the Shift modifier key and select the other end of the layer stack visible layer.  All visible layers will then be Photoshop target.

Alt+, then Shift+Alt+.  or Alt+. then Shift+Alt+,  As shown in the action I posted.... I also wrote how to record that action.

I stopped using Droplets a long time ago.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like it my be Action Manager script code to place in your  jpeg file that is on you desktop.  You create droplets from Actions. 

That script places I believe  "C:\\Users\\Nir Photo Art\\Desktop\\_9597.JPG"

Image are not opened in  PSD Formats.   PSD formatted files are opened as Layered documents in Photoshop.   Photoshop is a document editor not a file editor.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A droplet is a programs an executable programs on your desktop.  Your create a droplet in Photoshop using menu File>Automate>Create Droplet...

image.png

As you see Droplet are made for running Actions on Image Document that are dropped on the droplet.   So the droplet will open all the images files you drop on  the droplet one at a time and play  your Action. So the Droplet will open all your different images files one at  a time in Photoshop and Play your Action.   The Problem is Actions can not use  logic to look at names or generated names for output files.   The documents you action will be play on will be open from files you dropped on the droplet.  Your PSD document is nowhere in site.  Now the Action would  have no problem opening your PSD and pasting the content of the open document into the  PSD Document.  The problem is  You want to now save the output  file with the Document name that was dropped however the document you have the Image  your PSD document and has the PSD file name.   To do you want to do requires you to write a Photoshop Script the  Action  will use to  process the open documents.  A script can use logic to process the Open document, open the psd,  populate it and generate an appropriate output file name.

A script could also relink a Smart Object layer to  the dropped file but it would be better to create the Linked Smart object layer.  For relinking  a smart object layer would not update the smart object layer  transform and warp recorded is the PSD file smart object layer.  Replacement file would need to be the sanes size aspect ration and resolution as the linked file originally in the PSD.

Templates are populated by a  script  or batching script.  Actions need to be interactive if you need to change step settings like a name in save as step. Or resize an image for the template.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines