• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font list filter issue

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I filter "All Classes" I have a huge list of fonts, but when filtering for Serif or Sans Serif, the list of fonts does not show everything that is installed on my system. I can't figure out what I setting I have that is preventing a full list of serif fonts from showing up. It's the same for sans serif font filtering and every other filter available. Thanks for the help in advance!

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 11.46.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 11.47.14 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Font categorization actually comes from information stored IN the font. There's not a big database that Photoshop accesses. Of course, it can work with it's own fonts, as they have the category info in there - but not always the fonts they offer from other font developers. Some of the less... fancy?... expensive?... larger?... font houses don't put that info in their font. If the font doesn't have that in the font's code, Photoshop (or any font manager) won't know how to categorize it. 

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but it used to work. This is a new issue. For instance, Baskerville Display PT is an Adobe font and shows up in the unfiltered available Adobe fonts (image 1), but does not appear in the sorted Serif fonts list (image 2). So something else is going on, and I'm not sure what. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AND I just realized that it's not a problem in Illustrator. Just Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution to this? Mine does it as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any luck finding a solution? I'm running PS 2024 and having this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines