• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame not working when using Pen tool.

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Photoshop on a Mac and the PS software is current.

I can successfully create a rectangular or circle frame and load an image into it using the Frame Tool.

During an Adobe Photoshop Challenge I observed the creation of a customized Frame using the curvature pen tool. However I can’t get my Frame (created with the Pen tool) to work.

After creating a shape with the pen, I pressed “Shape” in the upper bar, then went to the layer and right clicked and selected “Convert to Frame.”

I loaded a picture into the Frame layer and it appears in the square on the right of that layer. However the picture does not appear in the frame on the canvas. The only thing I see on the canvas is my pen design and a dark rectangle outline around it and a lighter rectangle around all of that. (There are no square corner holders on the dark rectangle like I saw in the Challenge example. Maybe that is a clue.)

Do you have any suggestions on how I can get the picture to appear in the canvas and within the customized frame?

The first attached screen shot shows the image in the layer frame while the image is not in the canvas. (yes, I have moved the image frame around in the canvas and it is still not visiable.

The second screen shot shows that a "program error" occurs anytime I try and save a file that has a pen drawn frame in it.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may offer.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

I received a notice from Adobe that there was a new Photoshop update available yesterday. I installed the update and the creation of a Frame using the Pen Tool is now working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I received a notice from Adobe that there was a new Photoshop update available yesterday. I installed the update and the creation of a Frame using the Pen Tool is now working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines