Copied

Screenshot 2020-06-28 at 3.43.22 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

I found the solution! You need to grant full write access to Photoshop. Go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy, then Privacy tab. Scroll to folded on left called "Full Disk Access" then login to edit preferences and make sure to check off Photoshop to give it access!

Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 2.41.24 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're getting an error that Photoshop 2020 could not save the file because of a disk error.

Are you getting the error while saving a specific file to a specific location? Does the issue occurs with all the files? Also, which version of macOS are you running?

Please check that you have the latest version of Photoshop 2020(v21.2) installed. See this link for more details: Keep Photoshop up to date

To troubleshoot the error you're getting while saving, please checkout the steps mentioned in this article Troubleshoot scratch disk full errors in Photoshop and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my file is open inside external hardisk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to move the file directly to your computer and check if it opens correctly or the error appears again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution! You need to grant full write access to Photoshop. Go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy, then Privacy tab. Scroll to folded on left called "Full Disk Access" then login to edit preferences and make sure to check off Photoshop to give it access!

Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 2.41.24 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we are happy that your problem has been solved. If you need help in the future, please contact us 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have "Full Disk Access" under the Privacy Tab so I can't try the above option. I'm getting this error message when I try to open a .psb file: "photoshop could not complete your request because of a disk error"

Suggestions please??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you probably have an older mac os system, try other tabs on the left, and see if any of them show photoshop as an option, older version could have it grouped somewhere else. What OS system are you on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I have Big Sur Version 11.2, so I think the system version is not the problem..

*Daiana Paula Yurzola*

[Personal information removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have full disk access checked, Up to date with macOS Big Sur... not updates available on CC. still can't save a file...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How about for windows11? any answer from a windows user? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave Photoshop "Full Disk Access" and still having the same error "Could not save because of a disk error"
Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the problem says answered but there are people that aren't getting a fix. So here's how I fixed mine. I made sure all text was updated as it wasn't in sync with the font I downloaded after opening the file. You guys probably can't close photoshop after the error so force quit photoshop. Re open the photoshop file you were working on that isn't saved, go to edit and hit undo or hit command + z. This should bring back your file since photoshop will create a recovered file when you force quit. This should be able to save as mine was. Make sure to save as just in case. Hope this helps as I've dealt witht his on multiple projects and this time I tried everything until I got a solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The real solution in 99% cases. Thank you, @CreativeGuyTy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting error while saving and merging the layers after updating to v22.1. My photoshop files are saved on creative cloud and I am importing the files to edit through external drive. 

PS It's working when I am hiding that specific layer.

Macbook Pro early 2015 running BigSur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

absolute pisstake. Was finishing up on a client project and I literally cant save to either the cloud or harddrive due to 'program error'. First I could edit text at all (the :prohibited: cursor would pop up despite the layer being selected, not locked and the type tool selected).

, now when I make changes to text I have to zoom out/ in to see the actual change. And most notably, I CANNOT SAVE ANY OF IT.

If youre going to purposely make a cloud-based system and Apple gets to create an OS that forces you to abandon 5.5 or other non-subscription package, at least make it work when  I have literally one last image to draw for a client for a deadline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also totally angry. Test the program before you force us to update and use it with no other choice. There is obviously a bug in Photoshop 2021.FIX IT!!!!

I just spent 4 hours on a document that I cannot delete. and Adobe just goes on charging money while you cannot work!!

Disgusting!!

I cannot save it to the cloud, as a psb, to the web or in any other format. I cleared the HD and everything off the computer and STILL I CANNOT SAVE THIS FILE. HOURS WASTED WHICH I SHOULD CHARGE TO ADOBE!!!

AND I have to wait 2 hours before I can talk to someone for help. TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what's the outcome of all this? How do l fix it. I've lost hours and hours because this problem is still on going after l updated..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I was able to save to files to the cloud and then when it came to the third I get this generic error message.

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 9.50.03 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the sad thing is I still have not seen anything from Adobe in regards to acknowledgement or fixes or updates on it... I tried copying all layers with shift+cmd+C and photoshop threw a 'program error' dialog box at me. Ridiculous!

[personal info removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I'm having the same problem. Just like the image below. Tryied everything. Change format (tiff/jpeg/psd/etc), change location… Same reply always…

Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 14.47.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arg! Same issue here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues lost hours of work nothing is being saved.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same error too! I started two conversations with adobe support agents and they couldn't solve the problem either!

How long should we wait for the fix!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea. Adobe Care’s twitter responded to me days later and said the best thing to do was to use an old version of Photoshop CC until there team finds a fix... no definite dates or time periods have been given.

The issue I had when I originally did that even before they suggested is it worked for a time until it didn’t. Which makes me think that this is purely a creative cloud issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines