Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting more details from eventIDAttr when using select for example

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

I want to set up an event listener using the eventIDAttr class with the action networkEventSubscribe.

When I specify the event with the 'slct' charid to string id 'select' like this:

var idNS = stringIDToTypeID( 'networkEventSubscribe' );
var desc1 = new ActionDescriptor();
desc1.putClass( stringIDToTypeID( 'eventIDAttr' ), stringIDToTypeID( 'select' ) );
executeAction( idNS, desc1, DialogModes.NO );

It works and everytime I select something it gives me back the 'slct' feedback.
The problem however it does not specify anything.

Question 1.) How can I make it specify what it actually selected? (I see this issue with multiple other ids as well)

So I assumed you will be able to do this somehow by add additional information to the ActionDescriptor. I tried several things like adding a Enumerated like:

desc1.putEnumerated(charIDToTypeID('Lyr '), charIDToTypeID('Ordn'), charIDToTypeID('Trgt'));

But at this point I have no clue what I am actually doing. I have read the scripting guide as much as I could find related stuff, but it is still not clear to me how this actually works and where I can find the correct information on how to actually set it up properly.

Question 2.) I could only find a few events that I could set with this script (eventIDAttr). I could not find any official documentation, is there none? This would help me greatly with understanding this.

I have installed the script-to-log plugin thing, but it lacks a lot of events it seems and it also not really clear how these actions can be translated to an event. 

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?