Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU - GeForce RTX 2060

Participant ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've had a problem for a few days now, the GPU is no longer accepted and I have to uncheck it under preference. Today's update did not change anything.

Photoshop 22.4.3

GeForce RTX 2060

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the RTX 2060 super and Photoshop detects that fine for me with both 22.4.2 and 22.4.3, do you use the studio driver or the game ready version. The studio version is recommended for Photoshop and when installing try performing a clean install from the custom > advanced menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, it's nice.

I have reinstalled the Studio driver in the game place. I uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop, but the Problem is still there. I can't open a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download the Nvidia driver from here

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

2021-07-20 12_32_34-Window.png

During the install, select the following options

2021-07-20 12_34_32-Window.png

2021-07-20 12_35_05-Window.png

2021-07-20 12_35_36-Window.png

If that doesn't help, can you post your Photoshop system info, in Photoshop go to Help > System Info, hit the copy button and paste the entire think into this thread

Also can you post a screenshot of the performance tab in preferences

2021-07-20 12_44_34-Adobe Photoshop 2021.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was forced to do a new "Studio" installation through my panel when I logged in. The reason is that I have a "DCH or CHD" version.

NVIDIA.PNG

Here is the information in pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

performance.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have "Use Graphics Processor" disabled, try enabling it, also click on Advanced Settings and make sure the drawing mode is set to Advanced and that Use OpenCL is enabled

2021-07-20 13_15_55-GPU - GeForce RTX 2060 - Adobe Support Community - 12188074 — Mozilla Firefox.png

2021-07-20 13_17_07-Adobe Photoshop 2021.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I had to disable to work with the images, since otherwise everything is blocked. Here is the image of the settings, but the problem is still there.

reglage.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "everything is blocked" what exactly do you mean, can you describe the issues you're having

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,

I can't open a file, I get an error message and I can't close the Photoshop window. To close Photoshop, I have to close it with the "Task Manager".

impossible.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help and patience. The problem has been solved with "Preferences" as per image.

windows.PNG

Do you know how to remove the home page "news" and when I open a file "Documents online" . I have to set everything again and I remember more, of course.

It would also be nice to know the reason for this problem, because everything worked fine until a few days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to this option

2021-07-20 15_00_24-Adobe Photoshop 2021.pngAs for the why, that I can't answer, sometimes the preference file can become corrupt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's right, thank you very much and I wish you a good evening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the problem is there again, and if I uncheck "GPU" it doesn't even remember anymore, the box remains activated. Unbelievable, I have to download and install Gimp to finish a job.

But the worst thing is that supposedly Adobe has not noticed that this problem exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running system with RTX 2060 and everything works fine with latest version of Photoshop. Every feature works, no freezing no delays no problems of any kind. Have you tried to reset preferences? Sometimes reseting prefs can solve weird problems. Also do you have latest drivers installed? Can you post content of Help > System Info?

2060.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bojan Živković you are replying to a 2021 thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am replying to latest reply before mine, thread was on the first feed page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added photoshop.exe and snifer.exe in the Manage Settings 3D, restarted several times. the problem is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines