• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphics driver PS2021

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having a problem wih PS2021 22.4.2 encountering a problem and constantly closing. It kept telling it me that it was a graphics fault and the crash report stated EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION.

I have now installed a previous version, 23.1 and this appears to be working, however the first thing it did was to tell me that it had encountered a problem with the graphics driver and was temporarily disabling it.
My graphics card is an AMD Radeon R7 200 series with 2GB and according to AMD software is full up to date.
So! What is Adobe Photoshop's problem with it? What do I do about it?

Thanks

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Adobe have changed the system requirements for GPU's since the release of versions 21.xx and 22.xx, some older cards may not function as expected with theses releases, your GPU was released in 2013/14

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

You could try the troubleshooting steps detailed here

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html#Troubleshoot

You may need to revert to a earlier 22.xx version or even go back to one of the 21.xx versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So Adobe have decided that my Graphics card is obsolete, continue to take my money but not supply me with the new version?

Looks like I'll be using Affinity then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines