• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help opening Photoshop 2021 in Rosetta

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop 2021 on a Macbook Pro with BigSur 11.3 and having issues with image sequence and timeline functioning. I read on a previous post that my issue was solved by opening Photoshop using Rosetta, but I do not see this as an option - any ideas what's going on?

Here's what I did to try to open with Rosetta:

Go to applications > Photoshop 2021
Right click > Get Info
I know I SHOULD be able to check a box to "Open using Rosetta" under General, but it's not there.

HELP?!!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

YES!

This solution worked for me:

Go to Applications > Photoshop > Open the Photoshop Folder > Click the Photoshop Application within the Photoshop folder 

THEN Control > Get Info > Check the box for Open with Rosetta

Hope this helps you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Open using Rosetta" is only available if your running Big Sur on an M1 processor Mac.

Not available on Intel processor Macs.

You can verify what processor your mac has by going to Apple>About This Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Big Sur on M1 processor! I can see "Open using Rosetta" as an option in other applications, but not Photoshop, which is the application I mainly need to use Rosetta for. I can't figure out why I cannot open Photoshop using Rosetta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do Adobe apps work on Apple computers that use the M1 chip?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but - this doesn't explain why I can't open Photoshop using Rosetta. Photoshop 2021 is a Universal application which means that I should see the option to "Open using Rosetta" under Get Info, but it's not there. I want to open Photoshop using Rosetta so that I can work with an image sequence which does not work while the app is open using Apple silicon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!

This solution worked for me:

Go to Applications > Photoshop > Open the Photoshop Folder > Click the Photoshop Application within the Photoshop folder 

THEN Control > Get Info > Check the box for Open with Rosetta

Hope this helps you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me 2. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I had to choose to open my Photoshop 2021 using Rosetta due to the incompatibility of the NIK Collection with the M1 chip (I really need the NIK Collection working), the only way to have the NIK Collection working on Photoshop is using it on Rosetta . My question for you is, does the PS perfomance gets affected when running on Rosetta? 

I look foreward to hearing from you.

Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes according to adobe and various users photoshop does run slower using Rosetta.

How much slower depends so just try it and see if it's something you can live with.

Here's an adobe kb of the various Rosetta compatibility issues:

Rosetta compatibility issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact version of photoshop 2021 do you have?

I believe version 22.3 is the first native silicon photoshop version

In photoshop go to Help>System Info and look at the top line for the Photoshop Version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats crazy the same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution!

THEN Right Click > Get Info > Check the box for Open with Rosetta

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution. I've had my IMac M1for about 3 weeks and can't find Rosetta after following the "Get info" instructions. Weird is it works on the macbook pro M1, which I returned. Not working on the 24in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.
I still cant see Open with Rosetta in the last process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm too have the same problem. I don't see Rosseta  when I try to get information from app Photoshop. But I can see Rosseta with other apps  o_O

sos! help =p

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Monterey on an M1 and when i "get info", I'm presented with a 6-option drop down and there's no sign of "rosetta" anywhere i can see. Let's see, I pay Adobe monthly......for what? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue! I can't find any way to download Rosetta either. So disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a pretty long conversation with the Photoshop support team I found out the solution!! It turns out I had been clicking "get info on the application, but you need to go into the actual folder and "get info" on THAT icon.  I put a screenshot below. NOW I can see "open using Rosetta"!

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 1.48.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 1.49.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what i'm doing, but i end up getting this:

Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 1.39.57 AM.png

 there is no option available for rosetta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says in the above that your photoshop 2022 is an Intel64 application.

(Rosetta 2 is only on M1 Processor macs)

Is your mac an Intel Processor mac?

Go to the Apple menu and click on About This Mac to see what the processor (chip) is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG!!!!! This helped me! Thanks a lot!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines