Help opening Photoshop 2021 in Rosetta

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop 2021 on a Macbook Pro with BigSur 11.3 and having issues with image sequence and timeline functioning. I read on a previous post that my issue was solved by opening Photoshop using Rosetta, but I do not see this as an option - any ideas what's going on?

Here's what I did to try to open with Rosetta:

Go to applications > Photoshop 2021
Right click > Get Info
I know I SHOULD be able to check a box to "Open using Rosetta" under General, but it's not there.

HELP?!!

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Community Beginner , May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021
YES! This solution worked for me: Go to Applications > Photoshop > Open the Photoshop Folder > Click the Photoshop Application within the Photoshop folder  THEN Control > Get Info > Check the box for Open with Rosetta Hope this helps you too!

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Open using Rosetta" is only available if your running Big Sur on an M1 processor Mac.

Not available on Intel processor Macs.

You can verify what processor your mac has by going to Apple>About This Mac.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Big Sur on M1 processor! I can see "Open using Rosetta" as an option in other applications, but not Photoshop, which is the application I mainly need to use Rosetta for. I can't figure out why I cannot open Photoshop using Rosetta.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but - this doesn't explain why I can't open Photoshop using Rosetta. Photoshop 2021 is a Universal application which means that I should see the option to "Open using Rosetta" under Get Info, but it's not there. I want to open Photoshop using Rosetta so that I can work with an image sequence which does not work while the app is open using Apple silicon. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!

This solution worked for me:

Go to Applications > Photoshop > Open the Photoshop Folder > Click the Photoshop Application within the Photoshop folder 

THEN Control > Get Info > Check the box for Open with Rosetta

Hope this helps you too!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I had to choose to open my Photoshop 2021 using Rosetta due to the incompatibility of the NIK Collection with the M1 chip (I really need the NIK Collection working), the only way to have the NIK Collection working on Photoshop is using it on Rosetta . My question for you is, does the PS perfomance gets affected when running on Rosetta? 

I look foreward to hearing from you.

Thank you in advance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes according to adobe and various users photoshop does run slower using Rosetta.

How much slower depends so just try it and see if it's something you can live with.

Here's an adobe kb of the various Rosetta compatibility issues:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html#rosetta-known-issues

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact version of photoshop 2021 do you have?

I believe version 22.3 is the first native silicon photoshop version

In photoshop go to Help>System Info and look at the top line for the Photoshop Version

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats crazy the same here

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution!

Go to Applications > Photoshop > Open the Photoshop Folder > Click the Photoshop Application within the Photoshop folder

THEN Right Click > Get Info > Check the box for Open with Rosetta

Hope this helps!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines