Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hey Adobe, please bring back a way to delete from the Home Page

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So a few versions back Adobe did us all a favor by giving us a way to delete unfound documents that had either been moved or deleted.  Now the thumbnails just reside in the Home screen of the UI (before opening up a project) and there is no way that I know of to delete these.  It would be nice to have that feature back!  

Thank you

Richard Home Page PS Adobe.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🙂

clear-recent.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but that removes ALL of them!  LOL  Just want the ones that have been moved or deleted removed!  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RAMWolff54 wrote:

"Hey Adobe"

I miss the old way too — now it's all or nothing! This is a user-to-user forum though, and we do not work for Adobe. You can make feature requests to the developers here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oooh, you wanted only to get rid of the documents that are no longer available. I see.

What's weird is that once you try to open it via Home, the thumbnail stays *but* it gets removed from the "open recent" list. They really need to bring that to parity.

Like jane-e said, give your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the thumbnails used to disappear when the file was renamed or deleted and you tried to open it. I used to use it to get rid of earlier versions as well as tax related images while keeping other items. Now I have to clear everything.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you do get that warning for the deleted file on the Home Page when you double-click on its thumbnail, restart Photoshop and then that thumbnail will be removed.

Awkward I know, but that works without clearing everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines