• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide all groups (LayerSets) in file

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to hide all groups in a psd file with Python? I've searched everywhere but haven't found an answer.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

I've found a way to make it working with the following code:

doc = psApp.Application.ActiveDocument
layerSets = doc.LayerSets

if (len(layerSets) > 0):
  for layerSet in layerSets:
    layerSet.Visible = false

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open .psd, log by Script Listener this task with Extendscript, then see yourself how to convert it to Python.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is possible @Kukurykus  Because Here is @Kukurykus (Genius)...

Scripting To Python 

Open .psd, log by Script Listener this task with Extendscript, then see yourself how to convert it to Python.

By @Kukurykus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what this post is about, can you explain?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He will run the script in Python @Kukurykus 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still don't understand. What you mean by 'everything is possible'? And why you think I'm a 'Genius', while I am not. What it has to do with Python? Can you explain better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If @Kukurykus is still here ("Everything is possible in Every Scripting that is called genius @Kukurykus ),

If you have any idea of programming language.You can run the Script File Every Programming Like Java, C#, Python etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

'Everything is possible in Every Scripting that is called genius'

The above sentence has no logic in english, so it would be better if you pasted it in your native langauge to give a chance to translate it, otherwise that is impossible to understand what you mean.

Anyway, no one in this topic (incl. me and topic creator) said Photoshop scripting in Python is not possible. His question and my hints prove it, so your saying 'Everything is possible' has no relation to context of posted content. That's why I'm asking what that is said for.

Additionally scripting in Python is nothing extraordinary. You can find a few threads on this forum about it. Calling me a genius because I'm aware there's possibility to use Python together with Photoshop is unnormal. That's the common information you can find on google. Otherwise everyone who knows that is possible is an genius? 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a way to make it working with the following code:

doc = psApp.Application.ActiveDocument
layerSets = doc.LayerSets

if (len(layerSets) > 0):
  for layerSet in layerSets:
    layerSet.Visible = false

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines