• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hours of troubleshooting and Photoshop still does not detect GPU

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently noticed that I'd somehow (suddenly) I lost my scrubby zoom—checked Preferences>Performance and, sure enough, Photoshop was no longer detecting the graphics processor (option to select is deactivated).  I've been troubleshooting for several hours now without any progress. I'm running Windows 10.0.19042  on a Microsoft Surface Book 2. I did notice that there were Photoshop and Nvidia updates to be installed, so I did that. The Photoshop update made things WORSE — at least with the older version I could open and work on images. With the latest version (22.3) I get a nasty error message as soon as I try to open an image, and then the program crashes (screenshot of error message attached).

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Nvidia drivers (for Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060) using instructions provided on Nvidia website  ( Correct way to uninstall and reinstall Geforce drivers Mod can we get a sticky please ). I've used the applicable steps on the following Adobe Help page multiple times (GPU and graphics driver troubleshooting steps).

There are a few other places I've searched for help too, but obviously no luck there, either. Hoping someone out there has some other ideas.... ??? Thanks! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem with a different Nvidia graphics card. Photoshop worked fine yesterday but after upgrading it today, I can't open anything without it crashing. My partner works in IT and spent over an hour troubleshooting to no avail. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is starting to look like a known problem.  There's a lot of activity on the Feedback site, but I can't see posts from the Adobe employees who monitor that site.  

PS version 22.3 is not using my GPU as fully as the previous version. | Adobe Photoshop Family

Same thing on DPReview

Latest PS update and graphics card conflict?: Retouching Forum: Digital Photography Review (dpreview...

Ironically, it's good news for the people experiencing the issue as it will definitely have  to be addressed as a priority, so look for V22.4 and fingers crossed it won't take too long.  Meanwhile roll back your Photoshop version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Almost 2 weeks have gone by and I'm still dead in the water. Even rolling back to previous versions (I've tried all available versions) has not brought my GPU back. I don't get the nasty program error with earlier versions, but PS is slow and tools don't work correctly (e.g., no preview with the stamp tool, so stamping is pure guesswork; healing tool leaves a black spot and doesn't reveal the effect until I click somewhere else...).

Device manager says GPU is working fine. I've run diagnostics galore -- no issues. I'm going nuts! Can I get a refund for all the time PS is not working? Sure seems unfair to charge me for a broken product.... My own Photoshop Agony....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe needs to address all their know issues in Photoshop 2021.  Adobe knows there are many issues in Photoshop it is not ready for general use.  All features in Photoshop have  not been fully updated for Photoshop 2021 there are problems.  You should use Photoshop 2020 version 21.2.9 till Adobe has address the known issues ind Photoshop 2021.  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html 

Troubleshooting  Photoshop will just confirm Adobe's known issues it will not fix any. Adobe needs to do that.

It seems every 22.x update Adobe changes Photoshop GPU support.  Adobe seems to be having problems in their GPU support they are working on it still I would think.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines