• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Can I Make Panel Components Load Dynamically With UXP?

Explorer ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm building a UXP panel for PS. I don't want all the components to be hard-coded - I want some to load dynamically.

In one case, I'd like to give the user the option to add a component or groups of components with a "+" button.

In the other case, I'd like the type of component to be determined depending on the value of a specific field. For example, once the user selects a value for a dropdown, the respective components should become visible.

I'm not sure how to go about this - which is the best way that is supported with UXP?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, @Kukurykus. Thank you for your reply. While I do appreciate you directing me to the Creative Cloud Developer forum, a direct link would have been better than having me click, read, click, read, click read... etc. through multiple, unrelated posts just to get there.

I don't understand why Adobe did not include the forum for developers here. I've been using this forum for years for many different CC products. I don't want to have to create yet another account and login.

If anyone knows the answer to my question, please post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The goal of no direct link was to show how many users are not aware of something they should be. You're right then about necessity of information redirecting you to UXP home.

The answer is there is hard-working squad dedicated to improving UXP, not like here where staff shows only occasionally, while the role of moderators and ACP's is to keep forum clean and share some solutions. So like those emploees attended in closed section on other forum, restricted for choosen users, which were helping to test UXP at its early phase, so now since it's still not finished product but with more functionalities they decided to be open for public.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right... or you could make your own post with a link to the forum and link to that instead of making people needlessly click, click, click through unrelated posts. In your post, you can say whatever you want to say about what you think users should and shouldn't know.

And as I said in my last post, I don't want to create yet another user account. UXP is an Adobe technology. Adobe UXP Developer Tool is an Adobe technology and is downloadable from the CC app. Users should be able to access a forum for UXP with their Adobe account. We can access everything else from our accounts - even the Adobe Experience Cloud forums.

79 forums on the adobe.com domain, all accessible with Adobe login, found here: Adobe Support Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want to click, click, then don't click, click but use google to find info yourself, or at least this forum search blank. And if you don't want to create another account on that forum though I explained why UXP creators want themselves to be aside then one of the ways to change it is to create that account and ask them on their forum to move over here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anyone else have an answer to my question and would genuinely like to help me and others that might in the future read through this post? The question is, "How Can I Make Panel Components Load Dynamically With UXP?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines