• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I sync my settings, actions, presets, fonts, etc. between devices? Photoshop 2021

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I sync my settings, actions, presets, fonts, etc. between devices?

I would think this should automatically happen using Adobe cloud/Creative Cloud, to automatically keep machines synced in real time (or at least upon restart) when signed in under the same account. I can't seem to figure out how to do it, though.

The only option I have found would be to manually save each setting individually to a USB stick or Dropbox, then take to my 2nd computer and save them.  This is fine (albeit potentially quite time consuming) as an initial setup, but would this mean that any time I create, add, or adjust a setting I have to go through this manual process, then proceed to delete the old setting?  

Is there a way that I able to use Adobe Cloud to do this for all settings, presets, actions, brushes, fonts, etc?  If so, how do I set this up?  I have various items- gradients, overlays... in my Photoshop "library."  But  would I include actions, settings, etc. here, to keep them synced and up to date?  Is it possible?  If no-what other options do with I have?

I know I am in the PS forum, but I would like to do the same in Lightroom for my presets and brushes, if possible. 

Specs: 

• Adobe CC 2021
  • Photoshop 2021 (22.1.0),
  • Lightroom Classic 10.1
  • Mac OS, desktop running Catalina 10.15.7
  • MacBook Pro running Big Sur (current)

Plus (if it makes any difference) I use an External SSD for images, Dropbox for Backup and storage of Presets/Actions, plus overlays, backgrounds, etc. (could Dropbox somehow work to keep any of this synced ?)

I really feel like there HAS to be a way... 

Thanks so much

Nicole

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preset Syncing is now available in Photoshop 22.2 released today. You can enable this feature by opening the Preferences > General page and clicking the Preset Syncing checkbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The presets that will be synced automatically across Desktop devices once you enable it are Brushes, Gradients, Patterns, Shapes, Styles and Swatches. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information on Preset Syncing can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/sync-presets.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines