• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I isolate and lock a section of a picture while I edit the rest

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing a 360 tour for a home. I'm using merge photo for multi bracket photos . When I merge,  my windows and scenery out of the windows are perfect . But the house is just a little dark . Is there anyway I can isolate the windows and edit the rest of the picture without affecting the windows? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Make a selection on the windows using any of the selection tools. (I'd suggest the Polygonal Lasso Tool for clean, straight-edged selections...provided the windows are rectangular, that is. You can use other tools, of course, like the Pen Tool to create a more complex but clean selection but that's not a tool I would suggest to a neophyte.)

Once a selection is made, and since it sounds like you want to affect the interior and not the windows, invert the selection using Select > Inverse on the menu bar or the keyboard shortcut Shift + Ctrl/Cmd + I (that's an I as in "India").

Next, click the new file or adjustment layer icon at the bottom of the Layers panel. (Looks like a moon in its half-moon phase.) Choose something like Brightness/Contrast or (if you're feeling brave) Curves. Voila. Make adjustments in the Properties panel and watch the magic happen non-destructively.  🙂

Rules for an adjustment layer's mask basically are the same as plain-vanilla layer masks: You can add, subtract, paint and even load the contents of the mask as a selection for further refining. (Hold down Alt/Opt on your keyboard plus click the layer's mask thumbnail.) There are other tips, too, like using the Properties panel to adjust a chosen mask's feather and density properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are innnn business !! Thank you my friend. Worked like a charm . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are innnn business !! Thank you my friend. Worked like a charm . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines