• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I stop Enter key from adjusting the first edit field of the tool bar?

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When using photoshop, I often accidentally press the enter key accidentally when deselecting things, and this causes me to start editing the first field of the tool I'm using in the toolbar. This is annoying because it temporarily stops me from being able to switch tools using the tool bar. Is there a way to get rid of this keyboard shortcut and if so where is it located in the keyboard shortcuts menu? Thanks a lot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you hit the Enter key, just press the Esc key and it will deselect the field.

Use Ctrl-d (cmd-d in MacOS) to deselect selections. You can't reassign the Enter key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to pressing Esc, you can also just press Enter again since it would normally apply whatever value is highlighted and exit the field, allowing you to then press a tool shortcut once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines