• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to adjust menu scroll speed in Photoshop?

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been bugging me for a long time. But my mouse's scroll speed settings don't seem to apply within Photoshop menus. The main area where this is a problem is within the Brush and Brush Preset menus. The scroll speed is much too slow for me to efficiently navigate it.

Is there a setting somewhere I can edit to adjust Photoshop's scrolling speed? Been looking through Preferences but haven't come across anything yet.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to have to tell you that that's how it is, and it drives a lot of us crazy.  The two approaches I take are to either click on the scroll icons at the top and bottom of the menu, or press down on the mose wheeel and try and scroll that way.  It is not really any faster, and you have to get thee cursor in exactly the right position, so clicking on the scroll icons is still as good a way as any.

Another approach is to organise your brushes.  I try to keep under a 100 primary brush groups, and drag favourite presets into custom groups. Karl's Mega Pack is a good example.  It has hundreds of presets which would be a huge PITA to trawl through, and you will probably only ever use a few of them so copy those favourites to a favourites group.

An even better way is to use the search field (which might not be turned on by default).  You can search with words like splatter, grain, rough noise etc. and it will find all presets that contain that search parameter.  You can rename presets to make better use of search.  Note: Search only looks in groups that are in the main right click window.

The last tip is to organise the .abr files by renamaing them in file explorer or Finder so you can look for them in alphabetical order in the brush menu.  This is the Windows location. You havee to make Hidden files viewable, and I don't think your username will be trevor.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a shame, but is about what I was expecting given my fruitless google search for a solution. Is there a way to petition for the addition of a setting to control this? If it drives everyone equally crazy then it sounds like a scroll speed setting is sorely needed.

I realized that if I hold SHFT while scrolling it skips down the brush list faster, but you can easily skip over the brush you're searching for when doing this, so it's not quite a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can put in a feature request at this site: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to adjust this.

I would recomment to use the scrollbar by dragging it as long as there is no way to icrease the scrollspeed. I think thats a much more comfortable flow eather way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Scrollbar? I think you are referring to the Brushes panel that does have a scroll bar if you fill it with enough groups. 

We are talking about the right click brush panel and appending closed groups to the main panel area.  That does not have a scroll bar, but it would be cool if it did.  Adobe actually changed the way this worked around 2017 if my memory is right.  @Pete.Green said something about the reason for the change but I can't remember what it was.

I find I get on OK nowadays after organising the presets I mostly use, and using the search bar, which is a huge asset.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines