• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to assign shortcut key top script in PS CC 20.0.4

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a script (actually 2 versions, a jsx and kys version) Both were put into my Documents/Adobe Scripts directory. The jsx version I created using the ExtendScript toolkit app, and the other was created somewhere accidentally as I was trying to figure out what to do next.

In PS, I brought up the Edit -> Keyboard Shortcut menu, but cannot figure out how to assign the keystroke to this particular file(s). Everything I google is old and does not seem to apply to this version of PS. I cannot find an Adobe reference. Please help.

Thanks

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

kbsc.jpg

Have your jsx file in the presets/scripts folder

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Photoshop Scripting​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kbsc.jpg

Have your jsx file in the presets/scripts folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that this does work.  I'd like to understand it better, and I'd like to know if there is a way to assign a shortcut key to a script outside of that folder.

I put my script back into my main scripts folder and restarted PhotoShop.  I was surprised (although I'm sure you wouldn't be) to see that it appeared in the drop-down list immediately.  There are a lot of files in my scripts folder that do not appear in that drop-down list.  What determines whether a file appears in that list or not?

The standard way to invoke a script in an arbitrary folder is to create an action that invokes the script, and assign a hotkey to the action.  That won't help me, though, because the result of the action does not appear until the frame dilog is closed.  One of my goals in developing the script was to have the frame drawn while the dialog box is still active.  That way, if a setting needs to be tweaked, it can be changed immediately, with all other settings remaining the same.  

I would like the script to be located outside of the main PhotoShop script to keep my files more cleanly organized.  In this case, I'd like the files in a folder named c:/Programming Projects/PhotoShop Scripts Etc/FrameWithUI.  While the script will run from there, I don't know how to create a shortcut for it in that location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make shortcut from Presets/Scripts folder to end of path you posted, so it will be on Scripts list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure you can assign a KBSC to run a script. What I normally do is create an action, then I can use the action's hotkeys to run the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can easily assign a keystroke shortcut to a script, as long as the script appears in the list of recently used scripts that appears when you select File | Scripts.  But I have yet to figure out how to get a script into that list.  It's not just a matter of running the script once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not recently used it's installed scripts, as SuperMerlin wrote in presets/scripts.

More here:

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/11/downloading-and-installing-adobe-scripts.html?m=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but there's got to be more to it than just having the script in my Adobe scripts folder.  I've got eight scripts that appear in the Scripts pop-up menu, and a heck of a lot more than that in my scripts folder.  SuperMerlin just said to put scripts into that folder.  He didn't say anything about that pop-up menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem. I cannot see why this is labelled as a correct answer, when it quite clearly isn't!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why it's not, what's the difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines