• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change the menu font size and tools size in Photoshop (CS5 for 4K monitor)?

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, does anyone know how to change the font size in the menu and also tools size in Photoshop? I just got a 4K display for Windows PC and everything is very small.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

UI scaling for Windows was only introduced into the Cloud version of Photoshop in version CC 2014.

Photoshop: Introducing scale the UI 200% for high-density displays for Windows | Photoshop Family Customer Community‌

There won't be any UI scaling available for non-Cloud versions. You'll have to lower the resolution of your monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop version?

If CC, check Preferences > Interface, and make sure the UI is set to 200%.  If CS6 or earlier, you are out of luck I am afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was very helpful however 200 % is way to huge.  Too bad this isn't customizabler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CjAshwal  wrote

This was very helpful however 200 % is way to huge.  Too bad this isn't customizable

There has been talk of other UI sizes providing you are using CC, so hold on and keep your fingers crossed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am CC and can't wait. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using CS5.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UI scaling for Windows was only introduced into the Cloud version of Photoshop in version CC 2014.

Photoshop: Introducing scale the UI 200% for high-density displays for Windows | Photoshop Family Cu...‌

There won't be any UI scaling available for non-Cloud versions. You'll have to lower the resolution of your monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pedrod12597 wrote:

I am using CS5.....

Do you still have your old monitor?  If you have the desk space, set up both monitors, and use the old monitor for the menus panels and toolbar, and the new monitor for the image.  You should be able to save that as a custom workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How come they don't do this for all apps? Like does Illustrator have this option? I tried to look for it but did not find it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know if thay are stil relivent to you, but have you seen the replys ferther down below,

by

ViruAgrawal

And

defaultst2veouykq9g 

-------------------------------------------

I am BazSax,

I use Adobe Production Premium CS.5.5

Consisting of - After Effects CS5.5_Audition CS5.5_Bridge CS5.1_Device Central CS5.5_Encore CS5.1_Extension Manager CS5.5_Flash Catalyst CS5.5_Flash CS5.5_Illustrator CS5.1_Media Encoder CS5.5_OnLocation CS5.1_Photoshop CS5.1_Photoshop CS5.1 (64 Bit) and Premiere Pro CS5.5

Using defaultst2veouykq9g  method and right Clicking directly on the executable file has worked on all the above Adobe Products and should work on any products with this problem, it’s worth noting that Illustrator Didn’t like being set to (System (Enhanced)), it had a slight graphic problem but nothing that couldn’t be worked around, but why bother just set it to (System) and all is fine.

Barry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used this instruction 2 minutes ago, and it works perfectly:

Adobe App Scaling on High DPI Displays (FIX) | Dan Antonielli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best solution here. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually registed for an account just to thank you for this awesome solution. 

Can't thank you enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found a solution for Adobe CS5, and wanted to share. For context, I recently got a laptop with an inbuilt 4K display, and the text/icons in Photoshop were far too small to be usable. The registry hack did not work for me, but I found the below did - not to mention was much simpler.

1. Go to the executable Photoshop file (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit))

2. Right click on it, and select 'Properties'

3. On the 'Compatibility' tab, click 'Change Settings for All Users'

4. Click 'Change High DPI Settings'

5. In the 'High DPI Scaling Override' section, select the 'Override High DPI Scaling Behavior' box

6. Underneath 'Scaling Performed By', select 'System'

7. Photoshop should now open and scale correctly

Hope this is helpful to someone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. I had just upgraded computers and the Photoshop defaults were way too small. Your fix was very helpful. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot ! You rock !

Your solution is really easy to take in place. It's works for me too.

You are saving my eyes ^^.

Have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was very helpful.  However, for my CS5 version, I had to go to the Photoshop executable file "Photoshop.exe" inside the Adobe Photoshop CS5 folder you mentioned and right click it to find a "Compatibility" Tab in which I could follow your solution directions.  That worked great!  I can now read the menu fonts when I open the application!  Thanks a lot.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big THANKS from Me to Both,

ViruAgrawal

defaultst2veouykq9g

I use Adobe Production Premium CS.5.5

Consisting of - After Effects CS5.5_Audition CS5.5_Bridge CS5.1_Device Central CS5.5_Encore CS5.1_Extension Manager CS5.5_Flash Catalyst CS5.5_Flash CS5.5_Illustrator CS5.1_Media Encoder CS5.5_OnLocation CS5.1_Photoshop CS5.1_Photoshop CS5.1 (64 Bit) and Premiere Pro CS5.5

Using defaultst2veouykq9g  method and right Clicking directly on the executable file has worked on all the above Adobe Products and should work on any products with this problem, it’s worth noting that Illustrator Didn’t like being set to (System (Enhanced)), it had a slight graphic problem but nothing that couldn’t be worked around, but why bother just set it to (System) and all is fine.

Thanks Again Barry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man,

You are a life saver !!

I got SC6 and it did work for me,

Thamk you much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you buy a 4K monitor then use options to make Photoshop work at low detail? If you pay for a leading edge monitor a photographer surely wants the detail they paid for - so just pay to get your apps as up to date as your hardware! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably because the UI isn't User friendly unless you do.  :::shrug:::

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the internet. Problem solved in seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so Much it Really helped me....:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have CS5 stand-alone version this fix works! I tried everything even re-installing the whole thing.  This fix works for 64bit and the 32bit version 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect. Thanks for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines