• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to copy paste smart filters to another image/photoshop project?

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I want to make different images but with the same smart filters.

Is there a way to copy paste the smart filters so you can save a lot of time?

I found the following on the internet: (but I'm a beginner in photoshop and I don't understand how it works/doesn't work)

''Since all the effects have been set up as part of a Smart Object, then watercolour painting effect can be applied to an alternative photograph by editing the contents of the Smart Object layer. Double click the Smart Object layer’s thumbnail to open the .PSB file. Paste in a different image then save and close the file. Return to the main document to find all the effects have been instantly applied to the new picture.''

Thanks if you have the answer! 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try cmd-alt-dragging. 

Edit: 

transferSmartFilterBetweenImages.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try dragging the smart object layer form the current document layer palette and dropping onto the other document opened in photoshop or right click, click duplicate layer in the duplicate dialog target the document you want it duplicated into or a new document you want to create have it duplicated into.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines