How to get colors from library into swatches?

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Illustrator I can right-click on the color in my library and select "add to swatches". I do not see that option for Photoshop. I've been doing a workaround of making a square and using the eyedropper, then adding the color to swatches. Or I write down the hex code and manually enter it in. 

There has to be a better, more efficient way to work with the libraries. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "colors from library" I'm not sure what you mean. A library in Photoshop? Have you used the Preset Manager to save a set of colors? You can then load that into Swatches.

sample-113.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newer photoshop cc versions have a Libraries panel and have depreciated the Preset Manager in favor of doing the preset organization in the relevantly named panels.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/cc-libraries-in-photoshop.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2020.html#improved-presets-desktop

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can right click on the color in the Libraries panel, click Set Color which makes that color the Foreground Color in the toolbox, then from the Swatches panel flyout menu click New Swatch Preset.

Screenshot-(131).png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It shouldn't be this hard to use libraries. Honestly. Why are you making this so diffiuclt? One simple step "add to swatches" from the themes panel and you can't just leave well enough alone. This is convoluted and time consuming. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines