• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to highlight brush size on brush presets

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally when I have the brush tool selected and right-click for the brush presets menu, the size is automatically highlighted. This allows me to quickly type in the exact brush size I need. My issue is that this has stopped being automatically highlighted when right clicking for the preset menu in the last few days, a small but annoying hinderance in my workflow.

I'm aware of other options such as the shortcut keys and the ctrl+alt+drag brush resize, but this was simple and faster. If anyone knows how to switch this on, I'd very much appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Try hitting the Tab key.  So much of what we do with apps like Photoshop is automatic muscle memory, so I have no idea if it;'s always been like that or is a new behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever default behaviour changes or things start to get a little weird in Photoshop I reach for the good old reset of the Preferences.

Look for the Reset Preferences On Quit button within the General tab of the Photoshop Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try hitting the Tab key.  So much of what we do with apps like Photoshop is automatic muscle memory, so I have no idea if it;'s always been like that or is a new behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Travis. Originally it was automatically highlighted, but this does serve as a workaround. The behavior switched back after a system restart, but then stopped working again after another system restart. Seems erratic and I have no clue what the pattern is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines