• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make the background behind a logo darker but transparent

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a logo I have added to an image as a layer. I feel the logo blends in too much with the background so want to make the area around the logo slightly darker but transparent.

Everything I have found mentions how to make the background of typed text darker but not an image added on top of another image.

Anyone know how I would go about doing this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Add a layer between the background and logos lyer to add some contrast. Adjust its opacity to suite.

logo.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I read this correctly, you want to make the background darker in a small area surrounding the logo. You do that with an adjustment layer, masked to the required area. Use a soft brush for the masking.

If on the other hand you need this to affect the logo itself, you do the same thing, but with the adjustment layer clipped to the logo layer, so that it doesn't affect the underlying layers. You can still use masks to affect only parts of the logo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a layer between the background and logos lyer to add some contrast. Adjust its opacity to suite.

logo.gif

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What about a simple drop shadow? from the layer panel, and you have many contros to expand and change the effect

EugenioNYC_0-1624193001433.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines