• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to open a PNG file outside its software?

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day to all.

I have a software for scanned ebooks, in that software I chose a book and donwload it, I can see it  only in that software. I looked for its directory on my PC (wind 10) it is stored in my documents as PNG files, each page is a stand alone PNG file.

When I try to see the file in any other software it won't open (paint, photo viewer, browsers...) all say file format not supported, even if I change the extention for JPG or any other formats.... same problem.

I want to open those PNGs to make them in one MS-Word file in order to convert them to PDF.

The only way worked with me is opening the software then drag them to ONE NOTE, then drag them again to MS-Word. 

When I download a book it will appear in my documents each book alone in a folder with these long names, when I open a folder PNG files will appear. (second photo). Thank you all.

JIHAD5C68_0-1621493943174.png

JIHAD5C68_1-1621494065469.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»software for scanned ebooks«

What is a scanned ebook exactly?

Normally I would ask you to post one of the pngs but I kind of suspect you might be violating the license by doing that. 

»I want to open those PNGs to make them in one MS-Word file in order to convert them to PDF.«

So you want to convert the images into type content with OCR? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings

No, I have no idea about OCR and its uses.

Those books are for public by the owner, (school books for all schools students) but we can only see them using the application, (windows, app store....).

I just don't want to repeat the same download over and over on PC, tablet and phone.... and in case of having them in word or pdf I can print them also to teach my child on hard copies, especially that most of them are exercices to improve students. My child is in grade 1, so it is better to practice using hard copies.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A scanned book is a hard copy book that is scanned on a machine in order to upload it or save it on computer as an image (JPG for example).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You posted on the Photoshop forum but it seems to me that this issue is not related to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Actualy I consider the photoshop users are the most professional people in dealing with images, that's why I post it in here. Excuse me if I am mistaken but I trust photoshop users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post one of the pngs? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JIHAD5C68_0-1621497648711.png

I could not attach any png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the tests you've done show that, though the file is called a PNG, it is actually something else. Perhaps the app you use decodes them in a special way. Perhaps it is a protection to stop you doing this. I suggest you reach out to the copyright holder and ask them if they will share the graphics with you for this purpose. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I suppose you may be correct, I may contact them to have a colored hard copy of books especially that they cost around $5 all.

I learned that PNG may be just a fake extention for another format.

Thank you all for honesty and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines