How to paint a picture element without losing pixels?

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm James! 

Recently, my team and I decided to redesign the site (https://theoptics.org/) and I volunteered to start redesigning it (I don’t want to spend money on a designer, and it’s time to study Photoshop by myself).

I decided to start the changes from the new icons of our site, but a problem appeared immediately . When I start painting over blank areas, such as a T-shirt or fingers, some areas remain unpainted. At first I used a "paint bucket tool" in order to spend less time, but because of this, the thickness of the icon is reduced. Tried painting with a brush but it takes a lot time. Tried using the "magic wand tool" to select these areas and fill them further, but the "magic wand tool" is completely unpredictable and I can't edit the selection it makes.

So tell me, please, can I somehow quickly paint over the areas? What tools can I use for this?

Thanks advance

Screenshot_4.png

icons_screenshot.png

Success consist of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm
TOPICS
macOS, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021
There are several options.  • Paint on a separate Layer set to Blend Mode Multiply  • Use the Magic Wand Tool but expand teh Selection befor adding Solid Color Layers under a Layer with the Lines  • …

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are several options. 

• Paint on a separate Layer set to Blend Mode Multiply 

• Use the Magic Wand Tool but expand teh Selection befor adding Solid Color Layers under a Layer with the Lines 

• …

Screenshot 2021-07-20 at 13.15.03.pngScreenshot 2021-07-20 at 13.13.01.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines