Exit

How to print with photoshop on I pad pro

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I installed Photoshop on my i by pro.
I would like to print the image resize. When I want to print, the image is not the right size and takes up the whole page. I am using an hp printer. How can I print an image in Photoshop on i not pro with the desired dimensions please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Printing from Photoshop for Mobile on an iPad is a very limited process. May I assume you are tapping the Share icon, then choosing "Publish and Export"? From there, you get to choose your format, and when you tap Export, that takes you to the iPad share menu, where you can send it to the printer with limited controls (dictated by iOS). Very unscientific and nothing to control the print size or quality.

Unfortunately, that is the state of things on the iPad so far. If you want more control ove

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post on the Forum dedicated to the application you are talking about. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-for-mobile/bd-p/Photoshop-for-Mobile?page=1&sort=latest_rep...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Since your question is about Photoshop for iPad, I have moved this from the Photoshop forum where you posted to PS for Mobile.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing from Photoshop for Mobile on an iPad is a very limited process. May I assume you are tapping the Share icon, then choosing "Publish and Export"? From there, you get to choose your format, and when you tap Export, that takes you to the iPad share menu, where you can send it to the printer with limited controls (dictated by iOS). Very unscientific and nothing to control the print size or quality.

Unfortunately, that is the state of things on the iPad so far. If you want more control over what you print, I recommend using Photoshop (or another capable application) on a desktop computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for this comment. Is this still the case? Does the iPad version have the ability to manipulate print size yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, Photoshop for iPad still does not have its own Print feature, so like Michael said, the only way is to use the Share icon (confusingly, not the big blue Share button) to sneak the document over to the Print function of iOS through the iOS Share menu. Once there, the control you have over printing is dictated by whatever options are provided by iOS support for your printer, and is no longer associated with Photoshop.

The picture below is an example of how iOS printing looks for a document shared from Photoshop; it’s very simple compared to a computer. And, I think iOS printing works only with printers that support AirPrint.

Photoshop-iPad-print-through-iOS.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines