• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove black square which appears when zooming in?

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem that I'm having with Photoshop?  I am brand new to Ps and I was wondering how I can get rid of this big black square?  If I zoom all the way out it goes away, but when I zoom in it appears as you can see in the picture above. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RaeganAllElite Can you let us know what version of Photoshop you are using and what OS you are on? Has the square always been there or did it just start appearing? This could be a problem with your graphics card and GPU settings. Here are some guidelines for troubleshooting: Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the newest version of Ps which is 22.4.2 I Believe and I am on windows. This problem has been accruing ever since I started using photoshop which was just Sunday. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, it is disturbing for sure and disappointing I can image as you just have bought new software and want to work with it immediately only to have this happen. You will need to go through some troubleshooting as I mentioned above with your GPU settings and if that doesn't fix it, possibly reinstalling and resetting your preferences will work. Many people have success with one of these fixes. Most of us in the Community are not Adobe employees but users like you, too. Please let us know if you have any results.

To reset the preferences of Photoshop, use the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

But make sure to backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences, with more info  about that here: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much. I will try this and I'll let you know if it works. Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines