• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Replace image Photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a flyer though photoshop with more than 20 tiny images. Now I want to change all those images  with the same layout. I tried "replace content" in each image layer, but it didn't work as the new images replaced were either over size or under size, or just part of the image area was placed. May I know how to replace the old images to new images which can fit exactly into the original position and frame  ? I am tried to adjust each image size again.....

Thanks a million!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you used the Place Linked command vs the Place Embedded command from the file menu, then you simply need to replace the old images with the same filenames for your new images.

Photoshop will relink them for you.

Richard Curtis' blog on the subject may be helpful. https://blogs.adobe.com/richardcurtis/2015/11/20/creativefriday-photoshop-place-linked-vs-place-embe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way is to edit Smat Object layer then to place image which you want for substitution. If you have turned on scaling during place Photoshop will fit image into canvas, you may need to adjust image and to confirm. Later merge layers or simply close with Save. This process can be automated using Photoshop action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to turn on scaling? I searched a lot, can't find it. Searched for 4 hours. Thanks in advance!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From Preferences > General > Resize Image During Place.

preferences resize during place.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replacement image need to be the same size as the original object in your mockup template if you use replace content. Same Aspect Ratio. Number of pixels and Print resolution.  However, you can Edit the replacement images into the existing object.  If the replacement images have the same Aspect ratio as  the original the replacement will be perfect. If the aspect ratio differs there will be some cropping or boarders in the replaced images. If you structure your mock to adhere to my simple to populate design and have your image replacement collection in 20 sub folders named for each Smart object layer  My batch mockup script should be able to do the job.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. I ended up embedding the replacement images and then clipping them to the image I wanted to replace. I know this probably isn't the best way to do it technically, but it works and it's the easiest way I could think of. To do this:

• Select File > Place Embedded
  • Select the new image you'd like to use.
  • Position the new image layer directly above the layer of the image you would like to replace.
  • Right click on the new image layer and click "Create Clipping Mask" (or Ctrl+Alt click)
  • Your new image should now be clipped to the size of the old image and you can tranform accordingly.

Hope this helps somebody!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can manually replace the a smart layer content many ways.  If the replacement object is the same size aspect ratio and print resolution you can use layer>smart objects>Replaces content....  If the replacement object is not the correct size you may be able to open  the smart object and edit in the replacement content.  Or use Replace content  and then adjust the  replace object to work  as it if had the correct size.  The problem is automating the replacement Process.  All smart object are not equal. Some are Raw files objects other are vector file objects  most are Photoshop supported image files objects.  However  RAW and Vector files are not supported  by  Photoshop so a Photoshop Script can not open those object  for the script would lose control  to  ACR or  Illustrator  would take over.   If the Script  uses Replace Content instead opening the object it has no knowledge what size the object replacement should be so it can not use any size replacement file the replacement  object must be the correct size aspect ratio and resolution for the replacement to  work correctly.    My mockup scripts edits option does support Mockup templates that contain  Smart Object layer that contain RAW and Vector that need replacement.  Those  mockkup templates  can only be  update using  replace content the user has to supply replacements that are the correct size.  I suggest creating mockup templates that do not contain   smart object files the are Raw, Vector, Jpg a Png.   There is no problem using  those type object if you populate the mockups manually you can see what happens ad adjust  to correct.  My Script hande  jpg and png objects quite well. Jpeg cust added some completely,  and I try to maintain Png images transparent boarders from being trimed off.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No offense, but when building a flyer or pamphlet... you should have used InDesign.

The thing is.  Once you lay things out in InDesign you can select the items and change images one by one without messing up your layout.

Also, there are more options in InDesign to make your layout crisper.

You gotta use the appropriate tools to create things.  Trust me.... at one point in my life I thought I should do everything in Photoshop.  Then I learned.... Logos need to be created in Illustrator and layouts in InDesign.  It was like pulling my teeth to get me on that track.  But once I did learn what each tool should be used for... wow my life became so much easier when it came to creation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think one should use the appropriate tool to get the job dine right.   Photoshop may not bet the best tool  for creating flyer and pamphlets and if you use InDesigm you will also most likely user Photoshop to edit image  used in a  pamphlets.

I only  use one abode complex application Photoshop though Adobe give me access to all of the creative cloud. I do not want to learn all their application.   

I feel Photoshop is an excellent application for layouts like collages and mockup templates.   I think you you will find many the agree with me. There are countless Photoshop PSD and PSDT template on the Web and in Adobe marketing and stock.  Photoshop has not problem replacing images resizing then positioning the  warping them shaping them editing them. When it come to images Photoshop I believe would be a must  have tool the appropriate tool.  At some point in time I think an InDesign flyer may even be turned into a Photoshop Template.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines