• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Huge Patterns.psp file. May I move it from my "C:" drive to my "D:" drive?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using Photoshop 2021 22.4.2
In a folder called Adobe 2020 Steetings, found nested inside my C:\Users\[my name]\AppData\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\ is a Patterns.psp file.
I make loads of Patterns so this thing is a "pig", almost 3 gb.
I am bumping into the 10% free space warning regarding my "C:" drive.
I have a current Patterns.psp that is not as big, but is missing many of my older patterns, likely on the 2020 version.

Is is possible to edit and merge my old Patterns.psp file with my current one.
Is there a stand alone program to organize/group/delete individual patterns, not unlike those font organizing apps?
Is it possible to move the edited or current Patterns.psp file to my "D:" data drive, which has much more space, and let Photoshop 2021 acces it from there?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All user settings need to be under your user account. And that's on the system drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kindly! Makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you make patterns all the time do you need all the pattens in the  Patterns palette all  the time.  If you Pattern preferences file Patterns.psp becomes huge it will even slow down Photoshop Start up.  If its size is becoming a problem.  You should most likes organize your patterns into folders and export the folder into  *.pat file on you other disk drive for safe keeping.  Then delete the folders in the Pattern palette you do not meed all the time to reduce the size of  "Patterns.psp file" When you see some collection of patterns you deleted can load the group of patterns you need from you other drive.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brilliant! Thanks very kindly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines