Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can mask on, but not off. Help!

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can mask off, but not on! Help!

I've tried uninstalling photoshop and resinstalling. I can apply a mask to a layer, and mask on but I cannot mask off. I use a wacom tablet if that makes a difference. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what you mean. Can you post a screenshot? Are you saying you can creat a layer mask and paint with black to hid the layer but you can't paint with white to show the layer??

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to tell what you are doing in the video but it looks like you are doing everything correctly. If you just paint with the mouse does it work?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried with the mouse and it's the same. I can mask on, but not off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Melissa. It's very difficult to see what might be happening. We can't even see all of your screen.

We can see that you have a black layer mask on a rose-colored solid fill layer and that when you paint with white it reveals the solid color of the layer.

AB7D7BFB-C50C-4E66-8F09-4AF6381055E6.jpeg

We can see that you switch your foreground color to black.

We can't see the options bar for the brush tool and we can't see where you are painting. Can you show a screen shot of the options bar for the brush tool when you switch to black? Possibly you have a Blending mode that allows the white but suppresses the black.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines