• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can no longer save as Jpeg/other files even on the lowest settings!

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So today I usually save my jpegs using the "save as" button but the problem that many people had throughout the years has shown up for me. None of the Jpeg or other file options appear in the pulldown menu!

I've already changed the image modes to the minimum setting. My canvas is at 1920 x 1080 with 72 dpi at an 8-bit channel in RGB color. Yet still, nothing! I even went back to an old PS file that had the ability to export the jpegs but that did not work either. 

I saved an image as a jpeg before PS updated today so I'm not sure if this bug is from that but this is a little inconvenient for me.

So I'm at a loss here. Is there another option that I need to change? I'd rather not take the extra steps and go to the "export" button and pulldown menu when everything was working fine just a moment ago.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That the new stupit Adobe change if you have layers in the active document you now need to use save a copy to save a jpeg.  Save a Copy may add " copy" to the file name you can remove that before committing the Save a Copy

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JJMack. This is helpful and fixed my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJ, it's not a "stupid Adobe change" and you should stop calling it that.

Apple removed the API used for this function and the new API doesn't allow it. That's the explanation. If you want to call anyone out, call Apple. It was their decision.

All Adobe could do was work with the OS change, and that's what they did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So in you opinion its OK that Adobe is as stupid as Apple. Adobe disrupting their Windows Customers  productivity because Apple impact Adobe's  Mac users.   IMO that is not the way to treat your customers.  I could care less about Apple Mac I give up  on mac in the 90  ties I had a $10,000 Mac G5 with SCSI drives  apple OS9 and an annoying round hockey puck one button mouse with a stiff USB cable that would spin the  mouse on its ball. Never know which  way cursor would move or how long OS9 would work.   When Steve got back to Apple he through out the IBM Poser PC and Apple OS in favor of Intel and a Unix type OS like he used at NextStep.  Now Apple is doing the M1 thing  changing its OS.  When will the M1 Mac get IOS Apple is in the Mobile computing business.  iPad Photoshop. Will Adobe then force a tablet UI on the Wibdows users?  

This is not the first tine Adobe has done something stupid in Photoshop 2021  do you remember  the the Line tool in 22.0 it still not as good as the Old like too where arrow  heads were set relative to line weigh.  Adobe wants to support a 0 line weight.  That is ok with me a 0 lime weight means 0 arrow heads.  Having Arrow set relative to resolution and ruler units means for every line weight you to see different arrowhead  setting  to  so your arrow heads will has the sames aspect ratio and a size appropriate for the line weight.    Adobe need to do better by their customers.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines