• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't find equivalent to Restore and Patch

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just been ousted from Photoshop Mix, an app I used almost exclusively and extensively, presumably bcuz it's being discontinued. I've purchased a year of Photoshop in the hopes that it will do as good a job if not better, than Mix. But there's a couple functions I can't find.  First- can't find an equivalent to the 'Restore' button.... I use it a lot in Mix.... Edits are often circular and I use Restore  to shape the edit into a square or point or whatever shape I need with whatever edge sharpness I need. I found an eraser thing in Photoshop but it erases the photo itself instead of just the edit. Second - Can't find an equivalent to the 'Patch' button in Mix. I used this a LOT. Especially when restoring damaged photos from little scraps of original colour. It's extremely helpful to be able to scroll or roll over 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Patch = Healing Brush, Content Aware Fill, other such tools

Reshaping/ Restore = editing the layer mask with brushes, vector paths, filters and so on

You have to adapt your thinking and learn a lot, obviously.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines