I'd like to decrease width of a letter but keep width of colored part of letter

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't explain well. E. g. only upper angle should be decreased if i wanted to decrease width for letter A. In these 3 examples you see default A, decreased width of A in transform. The thirt part is that what i want. I used parts of rasterized default A, rotated them, modify a little bit in order to show you.

A A A.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you also try changing the horizontal scale in the Character panel (Window menu) for comparison?

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tedo0101 

I should add that using the Horizontal scale is a workaround. The proper way is to use a Condensed or Narrow version of the typeface IF the type designer created it and it exists. In the example below, the "A" on the left is Avenir Next and the one on the right is Avenir Next Condensed. Both are available in Adobe Fonts. You can see it does exactly what you are looking for without any effort.

3EF7AA99-C50F-4A4C-8DFA-14EE200EBAA4.jpeg

Note: don't pay attention to the interface, as this is in PS for iPad. Using a Condensed version works in all applications.

Adobe also makes variable fonts and you might explore those.

https://creativecloud.adobe.com/cc/discover/article/variable-fonts-are-the-future-of-web-type

https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2018/01/12/can-variable-fonts-illustrator-cc.html

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the font rasterized? If it is text you use the tool just above the color tool the little arrow below that T  can be used a a slider or you can change the percent.

Jumpenjax_0-1625918724503.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If type isn't rasterized then this works like transform. If type is rasterized then this doesn't work. I use photoshop 19.0. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines