• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i need help in adding layers please!

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, i just downloaded adobe like a week ago because i need it for some work, and im having some trouble

so i want to add this picture to a transparent layer so i could make a transparent background for it, i add a new layer on top of the transparent background then i click file>place embedded

here is the pic for refrence

Remini20210623032045288.jpg

then i place it and click enter, then bang quality is down the roofs

Screenshot 2021-06-23 063454.pngScreenshot 2021-06-23 063259.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ik it may sound silly lmao ive been searching for answers for about an hour with no luck, hopefully someone can help me here:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me guess what is problem. Your file is 300 ppi while image that you are placing is 72, for example. When you have situation like this, Photoshop will silently change Resolution to match document resolution and in your case (as predicted above) it will enlarge file 4 times (maybe and more what depends on resolution).

Solution:

• Check both document and file resolution
  • Change either file or document resolution with Resample turned off in the Image Size dialogue. You should match resolutions. 

Another solution:

• Check document resolution and remember.
  • Double click on Smart Object thumbnail to edit Smart Object.
  • Go to Image > Image Size, turn off Resample and change Resolution to match document resolution.
  • Save changes and close tab with Smart Object content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A great answer Bojan.  Image size and resolution was the one thing that new members of my old camera club struggled with.  To be fair, the people stetting the rules for competition entries added to the confusion because they'd state that a digital entry had to be a maxiumum of 1024 x 768 pixels at 300dpi.  So I suspect that the people setting those rules were as confused about image size and resolution as our new members.

I'll put my hand up to making my own mistakes.  I used to get upset that the images that looked great on my computer screen were faded and unsaturated when viewed via the club's projector.  Of course I was submitting my entries as Adobe RGB, and the projector was set up for sRGB as clearly stated in the cometition rules.  But who the heck reads instructions?  Girls do, using the same genetic advantages that lets them find things on shelves, and actually listen when people tell them things.  I am absolutely not going to say anything about girls and maps, because I know how dangerous that could be! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Trevor.Dennis wrote:

I am absolutely not going to say anything about girls and maps, because I know how dangerous that could be! 😞

Good idea, Trevor ! 😊

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines