• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I wonder why PS decrease photo quality !?

New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am sort of new with photoshop. when I place or open files on photoshop, it decreases photo quality obviously and mostly it happens on texts and make it pixelated. left photo is windows photo viewer and the right one is photoshop. I tried enlargement in image size to make it smoother but it doesn't work.

I will be apriciated if anyone can help me 😕

ex.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

If you using the text tool to add new text on a text layer, or to edit an existing text layer in a document, then you can choose sharp/smooth etc from the options bar:

davescm_0-1620590177907.png

If you have just opened a  document with text in it that is already rasterised then no, aside from selecting the area and blurring the text.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What zoom level. What your screenshot appears to show is that Photo Viewer is softening the edges more when zoomed in more than 100% and Photoshop is just showing the anti-aliasing that will be applied at 100% zoom and not adding additional softening. However, the real test is to view at 100% where 1 image pixel maps to 1 screen pixel.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your response, is there any option to softening the edges in PS ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you using the text tool to add new text on a text layer, or to edit an existing text layer in a document, then you can choose sharp/smooth etc from the options bar:

davescm_0-1620590177907.png

If you have just opened a  document with text in it that is already rasterised then no, aside from selecting the area and blurring the text.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines