• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator to photoshop

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to edit a design i made in illustrator on photoshop so that i can add a few more touches to it. I've tried exporting the illustrator file as a .psd file but it still doesn't have the layers when i open on photoshop. Is it even possible to do this?

im using a iMac desktop computer (late 2015) , photopshop 2021, Illustrator 2021 as well

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide information, ideally the ai-file itself. 

Are Blend Modes and Effects employed in the Illustrator Layers? 

Do you need the ai-Layers as Photoshop Layers? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the .ai files themselves, i want to have all of the layers i have on Illustrator on Photoshop so that i can edit them fully. There are things i can do on Photoshop that i cant do on Illustrator so how do i. convert .ai file layers to .psd photoshop layers?

So yes i need the .ai layers as photoshop layers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show screen shots of:

• the Photoshop Export Options dialog when you export from Illustrator
  • the Layers panel in Illustrator

You didn't say your expertise level, but only top level layers will be exported as separate layers into Photoshop.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can pull each layer in as a smart file and then change whichever one's you need into a rasterized layer depending on what you need to do. Or you can create each layer as an asset in your library and use your libraries in photoshop to pull each layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines