• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image keeps moving to the top left corner after resizing

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this really frustrating issue where photoshop keeps moving the image to the top left corner after resizing. The expected behavior is that the image should remain in the center of the screen. This is true in 22.0, but it isn't the case in 22.4. Is this a bug? How do you fix this? Please help.

I have recorded the problem in case anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about:

Photoshop Problem - YouTube

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening here. (MacOS 10.15.7) A temporary workaround would be to uncheck "overscroll" in Preferences > Tools.

I've reported it in https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/image-size-moves-reduced-size-image-to-the-up...

Feel free to add your comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's a confirmed bug? Unchecking overscroll removes the scroll bar on the side tho, is that right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the workaround, much appreciated!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. If the image is smaller than the document window, it is center locked into place, and the scroll bar will only show up if the image is zoomed in to where it is larger than the document window. That's how it was before overscroll was an option. It's a workaround if a centered image is important to your workflow.

I've posted this in Photoshop Family where the Product managers can say for certain. Others here in the forum may let is know if they are privy to this issue and can say so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope they fix it soon since it's really disruptive to workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines