Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images taken from Lightroom to Photoshop look dull - Not a color profile issue

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Within the last few weeks or so I have noticed that when I bring a raw photo into photoshop directly from lightroom the colors and contrast are extremely dull. I have looked into making sure my color profiles are the same (ProPhoto RGB) on both applications and no matter what color profiles I pick (always making sure lightroom and photoshop match) it does not fix the issue. I also tried turning off useage of my GPU because I read it could be a GPU bug - this did not fix the issue. I tried changing the proof view in photoshop - this did not fix the issue. I have tried reseting my prefrences in photoshop - this did not fix the issue. 

This to consider but I am not convinced matter - I recently bought the Canon R6 (but I have had a session with it where this was not a problem) and I purchased Color Fidelity profiles for lightroom and camera raw (but again, I've used these for a session before and didn't have a problem) 

Can somebody PLEASE help because I am going crazy over here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't bring a RAW directly into PS, it has to pass through ACR - so what does it look like in ACR compared to LR? Can you post screenshots?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a bug in Lightroom that prevents third-party/custom camera profiles from transferring correctly to ACR (and from there into Photoshop).

This does not happen with the native/standard camera profiles.

AFAIK it works correctly if you convert to DNG. Then all metadata are embedded in the file header, as opposed to a separate sidecar file. So that should be a workaround until they get this fixed.

BTW, there is no need to "match" color profiles in Lightroom and Photoshop. That's a common misunderstanding. Any incoming profile will be correctly treated in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines