Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iris blur tool does not show the blur adjustment handles

New Here ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to use the iris blur tool from the blur gallery but my iris (elipse) does not show the blur adjustment handles. It only has the increase/decrease/ shape change handles. See the screencap below. Is there a box I need to chek? I cannot find it. thanks.

Using latest version of Photoshop CC on windows 8.1

Knipsel.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences

Also what exact version of Photoshop do you have, PS CC2019 is not supported for Windows 8.1

Upcoming Changes to Creative Cloud OS Support for Windows and Mac | Adobe Blog

Reset Pref.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences

Also what exact version of Photoshop do you have, PS CC2019 is not supported for Windows 8.1

Upcoming Changes to Creative Cloud OS Support for Windows and Mac | Adobe Blog

Reset Pref.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thankyou! That worked

The version I am running is 19.1.8 b.t.w.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! That worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! After installing version 21.2, this problem with the blur gallery filters occurred. In the last previous update I did this procedure and it worked, but this time when upgrading to version 21.2 the problem is not solved by doing this procedure. I tried to reset all preferences, but it didn't work for me. I use photoshop on Mac OS High Sierra version 10.13.6. I also tried to reset all preferences when starting photoshop with the command (cmd + shift + alt) and it didn't work.
I even tried to uninstall photoshop and reinstall, but I was not successful with the problem. Can you help me with this problem, please?iris blur problem. Help!iris blur problem. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, resetting all the preferences worked for me, but I must say it's a kluge answer.  Fortunately I had just recently saved the toolbars setup that took me hours to tweak to my liking.... I hope you'll soon have a more focused (yes, intended it, no, not sorry) solution for this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Iris blur controls are off to the side. How to I recenter them inside the iris blur circle? Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 2.41.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is on page 232 of the Classroom in a Book for Photoshop 2021. Can you show the Blur Tools panel on the right side?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

I just reset all preferences and was able to fix the proplem. Thank you for responding. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try pressing cntrl+H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just saved my life, thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you !! REALLY! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You So So So Much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so so so much! not looking for save and restart answers! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines