• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Adobe CS6 compatible with Apple Mohave OS 10.14?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe CS6 compatible with Apple Mohave OS 10.14.

Used on a Macbook Pro, 215 version, 16g ram, 2T hard drive.

Thanks

Larryo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Yes i have photoshop cs6 running on macOS Mojave 10.14.6 on a 2012 MacBook Pro and for the most part it runs fine, anyway just as well as it did with Mavericks thru High Sierra. Mojave is the end of the line for photoshop cs6 compatibility, since macOS Catalina 10.15 and newer only run 64 applications and even though photoshop cs6 itself is 64 bit, a lot of bits and pieces that help photoshop cs6 function are 32 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/is-premiere-pro-cs6-compatible-with-mac-os-mojave/td...

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Axel,

Thanks, but that thread doesn't have any responses from users that have actually tried it and that's what I'm looking for. I know Adobe doesn't support it and the product is old. But it works and no reason to upgrade at this time.

Larryo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way to check if it's running is to do a test by yourself.

In this case you are sure it running or not.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry,

I know from your other post that you are on High Sierra with CS6 and are wondering if CS6 will work if you upgrade to Mojave. I just found this post from @Conrad C and have tagged him to see if he has insight after Mojave was actually released.

https://blog.conradchavez.com/2018/09/24/macos-10-14-mojave-will-adobe-software-work/

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s been a while since I had Mojave installed,  and that article on my blog is unfortunately not specific about Photoshop CS6, but think I was probably able to start it up in Mojave. However I did not test it with extended editing, exporting, printing, etc.

It’s a good idea to follow the advice in the CS6 section of the article: If it’s important that Photoshop CS6 not only work but be productive in your workflow, go find/borrow an empty spare volume (hard drive or SSD) to create a test system: install Mojave on it, boot the Mac off of that test system, and install the software that’s critical to getting your work done like Photoshop CS6, along with any plug-ins and driver software you use for your printer, scanner, tablet, etc. and make sure it all works with a typical project. If it all works, then upgrade your production Mac to Mojave.

That kind of test is more important the more the application version is out of step with the OS version, because while someone else might say that Photoshop CS6 starts up on Mojave, they may not have the specific combination of hardware/software that you have, so they may not discover a glitch that you would run into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's useful information, @Conrad C 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great info, will try with my backup computer first....Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, please, have you tried to install adobe 6 on the mac os system 10.14 or higher? It works? Or is it better to install High Sierra 10.13.6.? Thank you! Hana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i have photoshop cs6 running on macOS Mojave 10.14.6 on a 2012 MacBook Pro and for the most part it runs fine, anyway just as well as it did with Mavericks thru High Sierra. Mojave is the end of the line for photoshop cs6 compatibility, since macOS Catalina 10.15 and newer only run 64 applications and even though photoshop cs6 itself is 64 bit, a lot of bits and pieces that help photoshop cs6 function are 32 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 
I think the answer what you are searching
Here in Apple's community answer
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253821618#:~:text=Nope.,doesn't%20work%20on%20Mojave.&text=Or%2....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines